PTU Update 21.4.2022 (PTU Build 852)

AuraFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
ptu_852.png

Chat
  • Fixed an issue where the game crashed when pressing "Reset Shared settings" button on chat context menu
  • Fixed chat not wrapping lines properly with relation icons

Crafting
  • Fixed an issue where cancelling the alloy crafting queue refunded all the electricity charges from already crafted alloys
  • Fixed an issue where some modules could not be crafted
  • Adjusted Generator Enhancer crafting data, enhancers are now much cheaper to build

Devices
  • Fixed an issue where generators were not able to provide power to the network as fast as they were supposed to
  • Added Speedometer, a simple device that reports its speed as a YOLOL field
  • Added Laser Tracker, same as the Laser Sensor that can already be found on the torpedo, but it attaches to the utility body 2S

Easy Build Mode
  • Added a toolbar to Easy Build Mode
  • 3 new and 27 updated Easy Build Mode area module icons
  • Players are now able to build while slightly past the build zone edge

Gameplay
  • Fixed an error that occurred immediately after booting up the game
  • Fixed an error where shooting at a station that has damageable parts generated and safe zone disabled causes persistent effect and audio loop for the projectiles' lifetime
  • Optimizations to modular generator fuel chamber LODs
  • Optimizations to thruster LODs
  • Adjusted floor panel LOD distances
  • Improved modular ore cargo crate LODs
  • Improved generator enhancers' LOD optimization
  • Improved radiator LODs

Mining
  • Increased the amount of mineable large asteroids in Eos and Elysium asteroid belts
  • Large mineable asteroids now spawn near Origins and edges of the Eos belt

Modules
  • Added a grid based check to module placement to avoid gaps between objects from forming. Existing gaps are not affected, and some gaps may appear if you attach objects to other objects that have already have been offset. Removing enough of the problematic pieces and placing them again may fix existing gaps
  • Fixed an issue where an error showed up when recycling station modules consisted of multiple parts
  • Added generator enhancer modules to Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 generator nodes

Ship blueprints
  • Ship blueprint autosave settings are now available

Ship Designer
  • Move and rotate tool options for selections now has colored XYZ icons
  • Added text informing players of object placement or movement being canceled when target position would go outside of the build area

Ship shops
  • Updated the following player-made ships:
    • 10 Flying Arrow
    • 16 Red Chains
    • 19 God Gives
    • 26 So Eager
    • DTX AELSA A
    • DTX ALFRIGG A
    • DTX BOMBURR A
    • DTX EYDAMA A
    • DTX FORNBOGI A
    • DTX FRIGG A
    • DTX FUNDINN A
    • DTX HEPTIFILI A
    • DTX HERETHA A
    • DTX JAGERFALL A
    • DTX JORDIS A
    • DTX SIGNY A
    • DTX SVAFA A
    • DTX VANA B
    • DTX HANARR A
    • DTX VEGGR A
    • DTX VOLSUNG A
    • DTX VOLSUNG B
    • DTX VOLSUNG C
  • Updated the description and the name of:
    • Kodiak -> Kodiak Racer
  • Laborer, Laborer module 2 and Kodiak have been returned to the economy

Ships
  • Fixed an issue where ships violently vibrated at end of warp travel if they were not permitted to exit safe zone
  • Added default leave safe zone, tow in safe zone and disable safe mode settings
  • Added a button to apply default settings to all owned ships
  • New collision sounds
  • Fixed an issue where smallest ships (mass less than 100) did not make collision sounds

Stations
  • Added a feature to reclaim abandoned stations of any type. Entering an abandoned station's area creates a pop-up where you can claim them.
    • Resigned, docked Capital Ships can only be claimed if you are owner of the station where they are docked in
  • Players are now able to build while slightly past the build zone edge

UI
  • Added an option in graphics settings to disable and enable the bloom effects in-game

Weapons
  • Fixed an issue where picking up ammo from the world reloads the weapon immediately without the reload animation
  • Reduced crafting costs of all ship mounted weapons and adjusted Rail Cannon crafting material types

PTU ONLY
  • Capital Ships
    • First placed capital ship block now snaps to a grid-defined position. The first piece must be a module.
    • If all capital ship pieces are removed, it is now possible to place the first piece again
    • Fixed an issue where a system message was constantly being spammed in Capital Ship halls
    • The primary material of window modules has been changed to "Glass"
  • Crafting
    • Added alloy furnaces and craftable alloys to Public Test Universe -> Alloy crafting
    • Added the Recycler Tool to Public Test Universe -> Personal tools
  • Devices
    • Added Durability Tool and Recycler Tool to the inventory cheat tab
    • Reconstruction Machine
      • Updated the reconstruction machine's UI to show battery percent instead of cooldown time
      • Added "km" to distance indicator in the respawn menu
      • Fixed an issue where a station's name did not update to the respawn menu after linking
      • Fixed an issue where respawn distance did not work properly for station devices
      • Fixed an issue where players could continue playing while dead if they were killed while standing in the reconstruction machine heal
      • Fixed an issue where battery percent on a station device did not update if the terminal screen was visible
      • Increased station reconstruction machine range to 5000 km
      • Added reconstruction machine access permissions to station access tab. Note that this isn't fully functional yet.
    • Hangar Halls
      • Added an icon for station manager hangar access permission
      • Added hangar hall access permissions to station access tab
  • Moon
    • Fixed an issue where moon city transponder did not show up
    • Large safe zone area around moon city removed
    • Safe zone from moon gate to moon city removed
    • Safe zone around the moon gate added
    • Ship collision damage from all moon safe zones removed
      • Hand weapon damage still apply on all moon safe zones
  • Ship Designer
    • Added Grid Displays (found in Devices/Controls)
  • Siege
    • Siege HUD now prioritizes the closest siege
    • Added the target station name to the siege timer
    • Added minimum and maximum times to expanded participant list
    • Fixed an issue where the siege HUD was visible even in Ship Designer and the main menu
    • Increased siege team change interval cooldown to 15 minutes
    • Modified siege schedule information tooltip
  • Weapons
    • Fixed Tripod placement not using player's rotation properly

Last edited:

Lukas04

Active endo
Wow!
This is a really good patch, love it.

Added Speedometer, a simple device that reports its speed as a YOLOL field
A bit late, but good that we finaly have one.

• Increased the amount of mineable large asteroids in Eos and Elysium asteroid belts
  • Large mineable asteroids now spawn near Origins and edges of the Eos belt
Need to see how this one plays out. Hope its not just a tiny increase, since mining small asteroids just isnt fun in Starbase.
This could make mining a lot more enjoyable to me.

Increased station reconstruction machine range to 5000 km
Good change! For those unaware, the Station Reconstruction Machine on the PTU is a seperate module only for Stations and Capital ships, so this asumingly doesnt effect the ship based ones. I like this increase, since with the removal of inventory items on Insurance transfer there isnt to much to abuse with this, and it makes playing with friends a lot more convenient (imagine wanting to play with a friend who is at origin, but you would have to fly 1000km back to origin first from your station)

Added alloy furnaces and craftable alloys to Public Test Universe -> Alloy crafting
Yeah, thought before that it will just be a crafting station for now. I think its fine, but i can see some people going to be dissapointed about it.

Actually hyped!! Tough.... heat mech on live when /cough /cough lol. Cannot wait to test those new change in the designer, the colors change on the rotation is a great improvement that make me wish i had not finished my latest miner design yesterday!

Craftable alloys are good, because now we can stockpile for when they come to live :)

I'm also super pumped about everything else.

What exactly is "
  • Added Laser Tracker, same as the Laser Sensor that can already be found on the torpedo, but it attaches to the utility body 2S
" I don't understand this

Erador

Well-known endo
Craftable alloys are good, because now we can stockpile for when they come to live :)

I'm also super pumped about everything else.

What exactly is "
" I don't understand this
Looks like it can be mounted on the ship itself, not only on torpedo. (It was possible before (like, we had a speedometer before))

Lukas04

Active endo
Need to see how this one plays out. Hope its not just a tiny increase, since mining small asteroids just isnt fun in Starbase.
This could make mining a lot more enjoyable to me.
Tested it and damn, it makes mining so much more fun. Thank you FB for this change.
You can now find multiple T10s within seconds of eachother and in general the Belt is filled with larger asteroids now.

mikan

Well-known endo
There was a time when I decided to make alloys using heat. Simpler camado than I thought! Or rather, it's just a craft bench, isn't it? sad.
Have you stopped using gas from large planets that can't be dug in the alloy furnace's live servers?

I was trying to dig up gas from the planets in the image, but what is this used for?

Attachments

Last edited:

SubaruSama

Veteran endo
impressive new stuff
speedometer
furnace
big asteroids
the list goes on

imagine wanting to play with a friend who is at origin, but you would have to fly 1000km back to origin first from your station
that kind of range allows you to literally move around all the moons since the moon constellations with the submoons and belts are all less then 5000km across
that means once you reach a moon you can move across the vicinity to all the stations
but well, you still need a station network to jump around Eos

Lukas04

Active endo
impressive new stuff
speedometer
furnace
big asteroids
the list goes on

that kind of range allows you to literally move around all the moons since the moon constellations with the submoons and belts are all less then 5000km across
that means once you reach a moon you can move across the vicinity to all the stations
but well, you still need a station network to jump around Eos
I mean, it still comes with multiple trade-offs, so i dont think its as broken as you make it seem.
You still have to power those stations and have endokits available.
You wont be able to move your ships across, so you need ships available too.

There are not a lot of gameplay scenarios where a teleport like this gives you much of an advantage either, since Combat Scenarios are pre-annnounced through sieges, and not something you start suddenly (and through this would have an advantage with such a system)