RENT CONTROL

just gonna start by saying that sadly I have not played the game but id still like to share my concern/idea's...OK I'm thinking that it would be to easy for large clans to have a monopoly of apartments and lots at mega stations(non player build). As time goes on after the release of the game, players and clans especially would have amassed a fortune from all the hard work. with that money they could invest in buying as many lots as possible and jacking the rent (y not right?) or worse just buying them all just to have(alpha clan mentality...think ARK survival). I would recommend putting in a rent cap that might depend on the location like wealthier parts of cities and mega stations. you could also add landing pads or small hangers to rent (if not already) for those who want to live out there ship and use it as a base. would be much more space efficient to have a large lot and make multiple pads to rent out, at least then the new and broke players would have a place to call home that's there own :) sorry if there's already stuff like this implemented, just signed up for alpha (fingers crossed)

Saltylelele

Well-known endo
So big clans can indeed just build whatever they like. They can rent lots in DEV stations too. However, they cant re-rent this lot to someone.

On their own stations they are allowed to do whatever they like as it is.. well.. theirs.