Research + Crafting Progression Values WAY too high

Honnêtement, je ne vois pas de problème avec cette configuration à part quelques changements ici et là. J'ai débloqué à peu près toutes les premières exigences du navire, y compris les barres de combustible, je travaille sur des armes en ce moment. tout ce que je fabrique et dont je n'ai pas besoin, j'en fais des crédits via l'hôtel des ventes ou le magasin du terminal. J'ai amélioré mon ouvrier à 26 caisses et renforcé la zone extérieure avec des plaques de protection et de style, et je suis sur le point d'y ajouter plus de propulseurs. même sans les nouveaux propulseurs, j'ai à peine remarqué un changement dans ma vitesse. Douze passes pour le bon minerai sont ce qui m'a amené à ce point et je suis assis sur plus de 100 000 crédits juste d'AH et du fournisseur du terminal pendant que je fabrique, et cela n'inclut pas le minerai que j'ai vendu dont je n'avais pas besoin. et si tu regardes mes heures sur steam,

ils ne veulent pas que tout le monde puisse obtenir une arme à feu et un vaisseau puissant dans les 2 premières heures de jeu. ce n'est pas alpha fermé non plus c'est ouvert, pourquoi la recherche ne nous a pas été montrée en CA, pour donner un terrain de jeu plus égal pour commencer avec ceux qui n'étaient pas en CA. pourquoi à la fin de CA, ils ont réussi là où vous avez besoin de tapis et de crédits pour acheter un navire. en Californie, nous pouvions prendre 1 heure pour exploiter le minerai, tout transformer et faire environ 5 à 6 millions et faire ce que nous voulions, mais nous n'étions plus en Californie.

pour les joueurs enthousiastes, je dis accrochez-vous, des ajustements viendront, mais vous devez d'abord trouver votre place. à ceux qui ont dit "réparez-le maintenant ou j'arrête", je dis BYE BYE, car évidemment ce jeu n'est pas pour vous et je m'abstiendrais de futurs jeux étiquetés Early Access. il n'est pas conçu pour vous donner tout en un jour, une semaine ou même un mois, vous devrez y consacrer du temps. ceux qui sont allés plus loin dans l'arbre de recherche, protègent les autres qui veulent s'aventurer plus loin, etc. ce jeu est ce que vous en faites, et si vous allez vous asseoir et faire la moue le 3ème jour d'Open Alpha avant qu'ils obtiennent des commentaires appropriés et mettre en œuvre des changements, eh bien, je ne sais pas quoi vous dire à part revenir dans un mois ou deux.

EDIT : si vous avez besoin de pièces pour un navire, des barres de combustible, des générateurs, etc., frappez-moi ou frappez un autre joueur, n'abandonnez pas et ne vous fâchez pas, ils ont laissé de nombreuses possibilités aux gens.
totally agree with what you just said

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
IMO:
Research (or skill trees) fit well into single player games such as Civilization or Simcity.
There ruling how simulated civs do their research jobs or develop new skills is part of the game.

How ever in MMOs like Starbase...
Research tree is 100% grinding, mining etc. , then just clicks clicks clicks , isolated from game itself. No real unique and new discoveries what real research is all about. It is just artificial barrier.

Real need for in-game Research is already there in its best form.
We need to research:
- how to build working ship
- how to make it flyable and how to optimize its operation
- how to make it strong against pvp aggression
- how to make it effective fighter
- how to make best pvp ship or best mining ship
- same about stations, moon bases, industry, gas cloud harvesting, and all those really interesting features we will see
Those are real research goals if implemented as challenging and with deep game play features.
Current so called "Research" system only limits real research game play, which is included in all game features in a natural and challenging way already.

Is it time to forget this artificial research point system?
There has to be some artificial progression though. We don't want week old accounts to have the same capabilities as accounts made weeks/months ago. Otherwise there will never been things in the auction house sold for a profit as everyone can just make everything from day one.

The fact that you can still create ships with any part and buy anything from the auction house makes your point totally moot. Nothing is being "limited" just less efficient.

Venombrew

Master endo
people got to understand how important the research tree actually is to the overall game play. one of the biggest is our economy in the game. when i was in CA all i did was mine ore and sell it to npc terminals for credits to buy ships, wasnt until near the end of CA that the change of needing material became a part of buying the pre mades. honestly until that point i could just buy all ship parts, stations parts, and weapons without ever even needing to commerce with others. with the research trees we have a demand for ore, most importantly a need for it. A lot of people are only persuing one tree right now of the three and even on some they are only able to unlock part of the three main research trees making them have to engage more socially whether it be direct trades or buying off the ah, either way it forces a need of social interactions with other players, something CA didn't have outside of pvp, research trees is what actually makes it where you have to deal with others.

if we dropped the research trees and went back to just mining ore and selling it all from your ship for credits, this will be a single player game with online play only being an option, where as now you do have to interact with others. Look at World of Warcraft, it is literally becoming a single player game and their numbers in subs are dropping and have been dropping drastically, one of the biggest reasons, it doesn't feel like a massive multiplayer game anymore. i can have 8 toons that do every crafting part of the game, making it where i never need anyone outside of dungeons, raids and battlegrounds which are all que sign ups now making it where you dont need to make friends anymore and limiting a lot of peoples playtime to a much more solo play. we dont want that for starbase, we dont want a bunch safe zone huggers since they never need to go out anywhere past grabbing basic ores to sell to vendor to buy w/e is they want for their stations, endo, or ships.

and if you ever played any mmo ever! then a crafting system should not be a surprise of the grind because every game with a crafting system is a grind. WoW, SWTOR, Ark, ESO, 7 days to die, rift, archeage, Diablo 3, Black Desert, Eve, LOTRO, FF14, EQ2, Runescape, GW2, Wurm, Ultima, and the list keeps going on of games with all grindy craft systems. It feels like gamers are getting lazier as time goes on and that is what these complaints reflect more than anything, because if you follow all mmo games over the last 2 decades nothing has changed in sense of having to grind. so what is the big issue? is it the crafting system? or is it people just wanting stuff now and not wanting to work for it?

EDIT: Even a lot of fps'rs like COD has it where you got to grind guns to unlock other stuff, so if you play online games, you should be use to the grinds.

I agree the values are way off making the game a grind fest. For me if these are skill points why not reward them for other feats. I managed to build up a decent starter ship, farm 300,000 credits and the ore required for a marmot MN plus multiple missions outside the safe zone, took about 4 days. Surely you should have some skill points for this type of progress rather than just farm crafting benches to gain points (and cash). I'm ready to start laying a station now but to get the required tech just isn't worth it as my current progress is essentially meaningless.

To me perhaps the following should give some form of skill points or bonus.

1. First time leaving the safe zone then 100km, 1000km, first Moon landing etc
2. Build or purchase a second ship
3. First time finding a rare mineral
4. First kill as a pirate
5. Each time you repair a ship
6. Making your first million in an org

The list goes on but the point is it gives player milestones beyond mine and craft, rinse repeat.

Venombrew

Master endo
@polla2256 your asking for achievement system in which they already said in time they will be developing it. today we hit 1 month of open alpha, to implement an achievment system would not be a good idea on the shear fact that information, items, and temporary goals will be changing drastically looking to find balances. in past posts FB said there will be things you can unlock and gain in the game through what would be achievements. I do believe this will be one way outside of the cosmetic shop to earn cool in game stuff.

achievement systems which is what your talking about is really pointless this early in alpha, because some things wont be left in the game while other things will replace certain things. achievement system in my opinion is something you worry more about the closer to 1.0 you start to get, closer to 1.0 means about everything in the game is pretty much staying. infact most games achievement system doesn't even come into full play until there is a 1.0 launch, just because at that point the game is done and its easier to build a system to things that won't be changing.

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
@polla2256 your asking for achievement system in which they already said in time they will be developing it. today we hit 1 month of open alpha, to implement an achievment system would not be a good idea on the shear fact that information, items, and temporary goals will be changing drastically looking to find balances. in past posts FB said there will be things you can unlock and gain in the game through what would be achievements. I do believe this will be one way outside of the cosmetic shop to earn cool in game stuff.

achievement systems which is what your talking about is really pointless this early in alpha, because some things wont be left in the game while other things will replace certain things. achievement system in my opinion is something you worry more about the closer to 1.0 you start to get, closer to 1.0 means about everything in the game is pretty much staying. infact most games achievement system doesn't even come into full play until there is a 1.0 launch, just because at that point the game is done and its easier to build a system to things that won't be changing.
By that logic isn't any progression system pointless? If were supposed to be testing things why not just remove the tech tree and let us play the game? I can understand a tech tree when there is some progression to test but the current state of the game lacks anything to progress to. The only things you can't build inside of the ship design are stations and weapons. And while weapons are an important thing to "gate" behind a progression system stations just aren't complete yet. I was extremely discouraged after spending all week to get stations just to find out that they are basically unusable.

Venombrew

Master endo
By that logic isn't any progression system pointless?
thats not what i said, what your asking for is an achievement system on a game that technically isn't fully functioning yet. they are still removing things and readding them to fix issues. getting the game to a functioning system is primarily more important than polish. and most players will tell you that current game mechanics all don't even work, so to do milestones now would be pointless. what reward is there to even give? and what UI would you even use to acknowledge this? there are guns that still haven't made it to release, such as a the flamethrower, and melee weapons such as axes, swords, hammers, etc, havent even made it to 3d modeling yet. things you would want milestones on, aren't even in the game, such as 20 kills with a sword, or kill 5 endos at one time with a flamethrower, etc, etc.

remember this is open alpha, and it is still considered extremely far from a 1.0 game(which is a full release of a finished version). getting the game's core mechanics to work to get to this 1.0 version is so much more important than personal mile stones of a player. i doubt this will happen, but for arguement sake, if these mechanics are not developed, fixed, and tested for smooth gaming(including optimization, mechanics to make the game feel less bare bones, and importantly a functioning version to want to keep people playing and interested). milestones don't mean jack if the game never makes it to 1.0 release. and i dont know of any game that adds this kinda of a system that hasn't even made it to a true Beta version, let alone still in alpha.

it is extremely important that players read the warning before buying the game that this is not a finished version, and infact it wont be for at least 1.5 years. so polish right now isn't that important when we have no factory assembly, can't even take ownership of another player's ship, no armor values for endos, easy build mode still destroys ships and yolo code that operates everything is still imo archaic.

Last edited:

blazemonger

Veteran endo
I kind of expect that once the core game is done, FB may introduce a skill tree which will allow us to train skills, improving specific things, much like EVE has.. Could see things like weapons range/falloff/accuracy, engine performance, fuel efficiency, carry capacity and more..

This would also combine with what I expect will be the need for FB to have more revenue streams coming from the game than just the initial purchase. They could introduce subscription as an optional model which will offer benefits like:

Continuous training of skills vs only when online
Faster training rate
schedule longer training queues

Not having a sub would not lock you out of any skills, subscribing though will give you access to these skills faster, you could opt in and out of subscribing as needed. Potentially subs could also give exclusive access (while subscribed) to specific cosmetic items, nothing that would boost in-game abilities or performance but would boost your in game "ego" and ability to "show of" your cool looks.. ;)