rocket =\= missile

I can't help it but try to correcte the fact that the missile as they call it it game are just roquet.
many game make the same mistake but missile are auto propeled guided projectile that are equiped with equipement so they can either be controled (trough cables or infrared ray) or follow an source of heat or other mean of guidance, were the rocket is just an auto propeled projectile with no mean of rectifying it's trajectory or guidance, of course both come with explosive charges.
I know i'm being a bit borring about it but i can't help but cry internaly when i see those kind of mistake ( as said before it's made by many game but please don't follow that error).

that about all i had to say thank you for your time.

( I would like to make know that i'm not english by birth so if there is any mistake in what i wrote in my post please be comprensive)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

here an image to show the difference between the two
roquette & missile.jpg

Last edited:

five

Master endo
I 100% agree, missiles should correctly be named rockets; torpedos could stay what they are (since there have been guided torpedos) but missile or guided bomb would be better, since there isn't really a laser guided torpedo, there only laser-guided bombs but you could make the argument, that they way a torpedo works is most similar to a semi-active radar homing missile (Fox-1)

I 100% agree, missiles should correctly be named rockets; torpedos could stay what they are (since there have been guided torpedos) but missile or guided bomb would be better, since there isn't really a laser guided torpedo, there only laser-guided bombs but you could make the argument, that they way a torpedo works is most similar to a semi-active radar homing missile (Fox-1)
well since i can't play the game yet i don't know the how function the thing yet about torpedo ( but yes i think it's legit to keep the name torpedo as it's sinc yes there is guides ones), but behaving like a fox-1 i think it would be a pain to code,
due to the how would the torpedo would follow the spaceship or figther, would it follow the first pieces of hull that have been pointed out by the the
laser designator ? or follow the first shape it saw ? (the first solution would be the easiest to code but yet again a pain to do so).
and that might also bring bug on the behavior of those torpedo.

MAXD

Veteran endo
The rocks used to siege is also called missile.
The word missile's original meaning is close to projectile I think.
The word was born long before the modern missiles.

Where did you find the requirement that missiles need some kind of guidance? I checked the definition of missile and it did not say they needed to be guided. It specifically listed both guided and ballistic missiles. Rocket refers to the type of propulsion. A rocket can be used as a weapon, but it can also be used in a spacecraft, where they would be controlled.
well it's more about the term use to differentiate two kind of weaponery but also, specifie the cost on a used,missles are know for being guided as for rocket not, as for for spacecraft if you look closely it's not rocket that control the spacecraft it's other component as the rocket will be usualy discarded (not talking about space X ok) , as for MAXD i just saw your comment now but we are more talking about the modern use of the word even if i found the fact you stated intersting.