Securing Yolol chip

I put a basic chip in a socket after I wrote the lines I needed.

Then imediately started to fly to the nearest belt to test my shiny new scanner.

My problem is that my chip had a faster acceleration than my ship and I waved bye at it as it flew away. It didn't even look back. Rude.

So I flew back to the station, bought another chip, retyped the code, put it in the socket, and lightly bumped the chip with my endo. It was just as rude as its fellow chip and promptly teleported. I gave up and went to sleep because I was a few hours past my bed time anyway.

So how do I keep it secured? I think I'm just missing something very basic.

Womble

Veteran endo
I put a basic chip in a socket after I wrote the lines I needed.

Then imediately started to fly to the nearest belt to test my shiny new scanner.

My problem is that my chip had a faster acceleration than my ship and I waved bye at it as it flew away. It didn't even look back. Rude.

So I flew back to the station, bought another chip, retyped the code, put it in the socket, and lightly bumped the chip with my endo. It was just as rude as its fellow chip and promptly teleported. I gave up and went to sleep because I was a few hours past my bed time anyway.

So how do I keep it secured? I think I'm just missing something very basic.
Bolts. It's always bolts. Anything that might just float off probably will, so put a bolt in it.
:)
You'd've thought that sticking a massive 20cm bolt through a "tablet" in an arbitrary location might have some detrimental effect, but it doesn't :)

Mur

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I find that bolting the top of a rack is a good way to secure the top few chips.