Security system

Ottr

Endokid
Some of this I haven’t tried in game since I’m away from the computer. Looking to build a passcoded power/fcu based cutoff including propellant purge. Some of this I haven’t been able to test to see if it’s even possible. I’ve got the following questions.
1) in unsecure space can a pirate access yolol chips (code)?
2) since the resource bridge can transfer propellant and power, can the propellant be purged to space, setting the flow to out (I read that it can be transferred ship to ship)?
Looking to build an immobilizer of sorts.

A pirate can access anywhere you can but it would be possible to hide a yolol chip somewhere very easily and i'm guessing you could write a script to deactivate the ships systems but it'd quite easy to reverse by just renaming device fields it'd probably slow them down in regards to the purge i'm not sure if you can do that or not.

Womble

Veteran endo
I don't think you can purge. The vacuum of space jelly doesn't suck hard enough... :) Practically, it's possible to have a resource bridge set to "out only" and not immediately discharge your liquid resources to space...

what i thoiught of doing in case of emergencies, have a "self destruct" system in ship by putting a single auto cannon inside ship aiming at explosives of some kind, but the weight and cost for smaller ships doesnt seem worth, just would hate for a bug to happen and it somehow firing when not suppose to...

Ottr

Endokid
what i thoiught of doing in case of emergencies, have a "self destruct" system in ship by putting a single auto cannon inside ship aiming at explosives of some kind, but the weight and cost for smaller ships doesnt seem worth, just would hate for a bug to happen and it somehow firing when not suppose to...
My buddy brought this up as well, since there arent any purpose built explosives. Yet as you mentioned, the weight doesnt make it worthwhile.

Womble

Veteran endo
Explosives aren't necessarily needed. Just point it at your batteries. Or a fuel rod...

I'd hazard that if the weight of a single autocannon is significant, it's not worth putting a self-destruct on the vessel...

Yeah I did this on my ship. When it's Locked it doesn't move forward at all, and all 50 of my YOLOL have some sort of password protection embeeded in them to essentially break the code.

Ships useless locked, you need to hit unlock button and a sequence of buttons on the console in order to result in a unlock within 5 seconds of pushing the unlock button.

LockSpawn.png

Unlock gives the UI a timer to hit the right sequence.
CountDownTimerforUnlock.png

The YOLOL takes 3 chips to work and a memory chip. I locked them in some random secret room in the ship. It's like a car alarm for my space ship :D

Last edited:

Throdnk

Well-known endo
FYI: YOLOL chips in chip sockets can be read by other players even in the safezone.

The "lock" really just seems to be a "screensaver" so that rendering doesn't take too many resources (rendering lots of different changing text can be expensive).