Ship-based Warp Travel

shado20

Veteran endo
but this idea was specifically intended to be the opposite of cheap, fast, or indestructible.
everything in this game went from big projects needing many players to complete (stations, and now capitals ships) to , anyone can do it on there own easy!
my tribe has not played sense the failed start a year ago, but i'm still logging on and playing, all by my self. the stations are a joke, and i have a start of a capital ship that i have been in deep belt and moon and back in. some players may hate the traveling for hours idea, but that is the nature on space! and you complain that if its not faster players will quit is not a valid argument, as i will quit if space is made small! it is about expectations, but...

look the original idea of things of this game made space big, and travel times long makes this grate, but i guess this new generation wants everything handed to them quick. the whole game play futures seemed to change with easy build mode, then EBM station. now easy capital ships, and thats not enough now you want easy fast travel.
when the fast travel gates are able to be built by players, they need to be friend or foe allow or disabled.
if i want to travel to New York city, i have a 1074 mile drive, or i can pay a corporation to take me there faster.
Player freedom is important and I feel that aiding travel is more important right now than anything that makes it harder.
nothing is making travel harder...?

all im want from starbase is the original idea we where sold! it was a station built by many players, defended by many players. attacked by many players. building community, interaction with other friendly and not! but like i said before, EBM crept into this and like than infection, now everything needs to be easy!

once you play this easy game, and get all the easy things, players will just quit anyway!

some players may hate the traveling for hours idea, but that is the nature on space! and you complain that if its not faster players will quit is not a valid argument, as i will quit if space is made small! it is about expectations, but...

look the original idea of things of this game made space big, and travel times long makes this grate, but i guess this new generation wants everything handed to them quick.
In my opinion, the travel times grate on people because you're forced to keep the game open and do nothing with it while you are travelling. Not everyone can keep a computer online and connected to Starbase for hours on end. If you could travel while offline, like you can with capital ships, then the long travel times wouldn't bother me nearly as much.

Seeing as how offline travel without capital ships isn't possible right now, I think that cutting down on the dead time is valuable.

Pink

Endokid
I think if it had a different skybox it would definitely add to the feel of a riskier but more rewarding alternative to slow boating. idk maybe a red skybox and and darker overall, maybe even no sun? Idk this idea is just so cool. Should definitely be scary.