Ship Designer Bug - Bolts Vanishing - HOURS wasted

Due to the ridiculous bolt limit and the fact that auto-bolt uses way too many than needed, I am forced to manually bolt a large ship design. For hours, I meticulously placed bolts to ensure that I properly secured things and stayed below the bolt limit. I saved my files regularly and I have auto-save set for 5 minute intervals.

I took a break and logged out of the game. When I returned, EVERY SINGLE SAVE GAME FILE LOST MY BOLTS. How in the world is this possible? I could understand a single corrupt file; however, EVERY ONE?!?! I double and triple checked. All progress has been lost.

I am including a screenshot of 3 auto-save files and 3 manual saves. This spans over 3 hours of game play. Notice, the 12:07PM manual save has over 20K bolts. Over the course of the3 hours, I added many more. Yet, there is no evidence of them now.

What a waste of time this game has become. I am constantly submitting bugs via F1, some worse than others. I think I've hit my limit.

1629407177922.png

Archivist

Active endo
So i'm just hazarding a guess, that may very well be wrong, and from the quantity of work in the SSC it looks like you've done with this ship i would guess you know of this quirk in the system, but just making sure you aware that selecting anything and moving it removes the bolts from the selection unless made into a module with bolts attached?

I'm not saying that there isn't a bug, however a lot of people have brought up disappearing bolts in the past and claimed it was a bug when they simply didn't understand the mechanic, which is why i bring this possibility up.

I've also never seen or heard of this bug before, after monitoring the discord since release.

one other thing is the pan camera with right mouse click and the auto bolt tool remove function overlap. so if you arent playing with sound on or cant hear the bolt sound you can unbolt stuff with out realizing it.

Eagle

Active endo
We found another bug related to this topic. Sometimes when you are designing a ship with more people (Group Design), the bolts get "out of sync" and the owner of the design cannot see the bolts placed by the other designers in the scene. It is quite odd because it is like the owner and the other people are working on absolutely different blueprints.

The only workaround we found is to exit the designer, leave the group, create it again and start editing again.

I hope this is fixed soon.