Ship Warp & Heat (About Starbase Development News - April 2024)

Tris

Endokid
I can understand the idea of warp travel for normal ships with markers and understand that this brings more action back into the game. And that's right, the idea of making target coordinates visible is good and a game changer!

But I think it's wrong that the idea of heat mechanics and the location of heat sources will probably be sacrificed for this. Especially when you consider how many ships have fallen over the edge with the introduction of the heat mechanic and are now unusable, now absolutely pointless in retrospect.

In my opinion, it would be much better if the heat radar was still implemented and the planned warp triggered a corresponding immense (measurable over 300km +-, the closer the more precise) heating at the target coordinates while the warp jump was being loaded.

In my opinion, that would be an ideal combination of the two ideas. The idea of heat and its influence is a clever idea that should not be abandoned.

Last edited:

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
I suspect this change was purely practical from a development point-of-view, because they lack the resources to finish development of the heat tracking system.