Ships Becoming "Derelicts" At Player Stations And Seemingly Disappearing

Shulace

Well-known endo
I know that the developers are aware of the issue of the player station EBM and turning ships into derelicts and the assumption is that they are working on it.

afgafg.PNG

However, the issue does not seem to be tied only to the EZ Build zone around a player station. I planted station a few km from the edge of the safe zone that I base out of with my friend and we have had 1 ship that we invested a fair bit of time and resources turn into derelict in the green zone and poofed out of physical existence, we created a ticket but we could still play and mine since we still had my upgraded ship, one which I spent multiple days building/upgrading and fine tuning.

Here she is in all her glory
NS1.PNG

17de7d4f7183c79d6b3e8c63ac31fefe.png

a569645cfdb75007c01addd62d60949d.png

She has been dubbed by some as:
adfafdf.PNG

fgsdfgfgg.PNG

This ship was my pride and joy as it made it through the EZ Build Mode nearly unscathed, this thing should be put in a museum, it had 100% modules and near absolute max limit for duct/pipes/cables for what you can do in the EBM. The game crashed and bugged out at the end and the ship got split by the cockpit and extension into 2 separate ships, I nearly killed myself.

Anyways, on to the current situation; I parked it outside the green zone and logged/relogged after a long crafting session of station modules while inside the ship, as it was loading in I got teleported 530km into the belt on foot. I took this opportunity to explore as I was there since I had never really ventured out before, here are some highlights.

This is Arkanium in a rock. Looks similar to Nhurgite but a little more green, glossier and smooth. Took me over an hour to find a few of these little rocks where I spawned.
arkanium.PNG

This Black Ice Gigantus, name pending official approval...
unknown.png

The surface looks wet, sparkly and is dark because the flashlight seemingly does not reflect off of it.
Capture.PNG

After I had enough of exploring the depths flying around with only the booster on my back, I insurance transferred back to Origin, where I discovered my pride and joy had been bugged into a derelict and is now "NOT REACHABLE" in the ship spawn screen. I desperately picked up a EBM bricked Laborer I had laying around and flew back to my station to verify with my own eyes that my baby was gone, and with it my motivation. I put in a ticket but it has been a while since we put in the last ticket for our first derelict ship and still have not gotten that one sorted, the outlook is not great for us, at this moment we are SOL. It took 4 ships to make it through EBM with a complete ship, I am not interested in building up from scratch and mining in another crap basic laborer again.

A fix for this would be to let player stations have the ship spawning screen and just let us store our ships. At the very least disable ship derelict mechanic for now and let players have the opportunity to respawn their ships with a low/no tow cost like it was on day 1. I am sure the customer support system is exploding and waiting on a response to this may take weeks, but please just make it so we can work around issues like this that can completely break our gameplay flow/loops till they get fixed instead of having to rely solely on the ticket system.

fdgdfg.PNG

Evidently, I really love this game. I put in 109 hrs since EA launch and the developers are really responsive, but I am broken without my Chonkey Laborer. Thank you for coming to my TED talk, I'll see you guys in space when/if I ever get my ships back.

- Shulace

Wow that's terrible and congrats on an amazing build and maintaining such a good attitude. I do think things will get beyyer, we just all need to hang in there like you are doing.