some ideas for the game

TERACOOL

Learned-to-sprint endo
Right now the game isn't much of anything because it hardly has any players. Probably because it doesn't do enough to attract and retain them.
Well, it's simple... There are no players because there are no goals. There are no enemies. The gameplay is too simple. As soon as there are many new planets to which it will be necessary to fly to build gates there, as soon as there is a struggle for resources (now you can not leave the safe zone and so everything can be obtained), clans will immediately appear and the battle for control of territories will begin. Now it's all gone. It is enough to cover the Charadium in the safe zone and you are rich, buy what you want, build what you want (because the market is doped by FrozeByte, if you didn't know).
And there are a lot of bugs in the game that interfere even more than the lack of a goal of the game.

That's really not true at all. The developers can, should, and will add plenty of additional elements to the game, including elements that supplant YOLOL programming (like a dedicated in-game map). They pretty much have to, or else the game will stay functionally dead the way it is right now. The existence of YOLOL doesn't prevent Frozenbyte from making Starbase into an actual game.
Well, if it is in your opinion that this will lead to the fact that players will stop developing something on YOLOL, because it will always seem that it does not make sense to develop something, because the Frozen-developers will introduce it bypassing YOLOL.
If this happens, it will be the following:
1. The game will go beyond the basic concept that the players themselves create this world and program it, which will put it on the same shelf with a lot of other projects that StarBase loses in graphics and design.
2. Players (the engineering community, for example Collective), will stop developing something interesting, because there will be doubts about the need to do this, and therefore the game will start losing developer players, but ordinary players need to be supported, so they will have to introduce new mechanics bypassing YOLOL.
3. An increase in the number of alternative mechanics working bypassing YOLOL will lead to the withdrawal of the intellectual community from the game, because the game turns into a banal project like Eve, Elite Dangerous, StarCitezen, but it does not reach the content and its quantity at all

To introduce any mechanics bypassing YOLOL is the death of the project. Everything must be programmed and controlled by the player himself on the basis of YOLOL and the corresponding controlled devices.

Most likely, a device will appear that will be called a map, but you will need to enter information on this map yourself via YOLOL in the coordinates of ISAN or my VECTOR M1.

Which genre are you referring to? Because in each recognizable genre that Starbase overlaps with, I can think of at least one game that predates it and includes an in-game programming language.
Aaam???? MMORPG with open world. Ok... Dual Universe. But this game is still unfinished and has a bunch of bugs like Starbase. Well, that's it, no more. Can you list more?

Iron Maiden

Learned-to-sprint endo
just saying but if the players are actually supposed to make the game and not the devs then why tf we paying the devs for a game lol. and a pretty spendy cost for whats currently in the game I think it was like 35$ if I remember right. id expect the devs to make a large part of their game and set it up to bring players in and keep them there. I dont expect the players to go into an empty game and make the entire game without being paid for it lol..

like imagine if you see at an art exhibit where an artist is selling a blank white canvas for the cost of everyone elses art. And then someone goes.. wait a second why am I paying so much or even buying this from you? and some fancy rich guy in a top hat twirling his mustache goes. Ah but you can create whatever art you want with it, truly amazing I will buy it full price. like wtf lol if a players going to make the game we should be paying the one(s) who did that not the devs in that scenario. so I hope the devs intend to actually make the game themselves mostly and arent just trying to make the players do all the work for free.

TERACOOL

Learned-to-sprint endo
just saying but if the players are actually supposed to make the game and not the devs then why tf we paying the devs for a game lol. and a pretty spendy cost for whats currently in the game I think it was like 35$ if I remember right. id expect the devs to make a large part of their game and set it up to bring players in and keep them there. I dont expect the players to go into an empty game and make the entire game without being paid for it lol..

like imagine if you see at an art exhibit where an artist is selling a blank white canvas for the cost of everyone elses art. And then someone goes.. wait a second why am I paying so much or even buying this from you? and some fancy rich guy in a top hat twirling his mustache goes. Ah but you can create whatever art you want with it, truly amazing I will buy it full price. like wtf lol if a players going to make the game we should be paying the one(s) who did that not the devs in that scenario. so I hope the devs intend to actually make the game themselves mostly and arent just trying to make the players do all the work for free.
Well, you've made a wrong analogy about the canvas. Draw the same analogy, but with the Lego Robotics constructor. So it should become more clear what the developers are up to (I hope).

Iron Maiden

Learned-to-sprint endo
I was specifically referring to the map/autopilot thing you mentioned. It's essentially just currently extant navigational systems with extra steps. Would it be worth the time and effort to design and set up at the moment? Debatable, but it is technically possible as far as I'm aware.

You DO know this game is literally unfinished, right? As in it is currently being developed, and will likely continue to be developed for years to come? Which is something the devs have very clearly and openly stated? One of the first things you see on the steam store page is "Starbase launches into early access in a clear alpha state", so I don't understand how this isn't blatantly obvious to people.

Of course it's empty and boring right now, half the fundamental mechanics aren't even fully implemented into the game yet. It'd be valid to complain about the rate of development or that it should've stayed in CA longer or something, but complaining about the current state of the game as if it's an intentional design choice is like complaining that a house is unlivable before the construction workers have even put up the walls. Hell, some of what you described has ALREADY been stated to be planned features (to greater or lesser extents).

I'd much rather FB focus on properly developing the game for the long term, than see them waste time and resources trying to convince people this isn't an open alpha. At this point they'd just be putting lipstick on a pig.

I don't think you need any greater explanation than people are whiny and don't read available information before schizoposting in the game suggestions.

yea so just noticed that they are now ceasing development on the game apparently...? because their sales have been poor they said... lol.
I probably explained in here somewhere why ARK had success even in its very start to early access and beyond buggy and crashing. because they gave players something to do and play and gameplay loops that were fun as they worked on it.. but who knows maybe it was an april fools joke.

The reason for this rather sudden major update is that Starbase’s sales performance hasn't been the strongest, and thus we need to prioritize other projects for some time in the interest of ensuring the game’s continued development and long-term future. Starbase’s server costs are low so they aren't in any danger, but its development will be slowed down and updates will be less frequent for some time. While this is not ideal, we're looking forward to returning to development as soon as possible, reinvigorated and ready to make Starbase the game we all want it to be

or maybe they are going to listen to the players and make the gameplay loops when they do finally get back to working on the game I guess. But as it is now april 26th thats what they said. maybe the wording was confusing. But for people saying that this game already has steady funds for years and the devs dont care about sale numbers and etc I think this says otherwise

Iron Maiden

Learned-to-sprint endo
Well Astro Colony has the same concept I was trying to explain here with micro moons. Is this game going to ever get players back/resume development or is it just completely done?

I have to say, the devs put in 2 systems clamored for by people who didn't play the game, and both those systems fell flat on their faces. But they had popular support. The potential customer is a poor decider of what to add to a product. Every game offers this NPC PvE seal clubbing fun for all ages. It always leads to the same whining about lack of content, the devs not making things fast enough, etc. Here we have a game missing core systems for basic player interaction, but damn, we better throw in dungeons and bots we can stroke our ego's to!

Seriously. PvE content, and NPC's are always a losing proposition. Give people a reason to play other than farming bots, and farming asteroids, and perhaps things may turn around. But I can do both in Eve.

I'm going to focus on player tools. To, ya know, create a dynamic player driven universe. Actually driven by the players. Not dev fiat. Much as I like the devs, I like their primary selling point more, and thats player agency.
Trash talking someone for having suggestions. What a way to get people to want to speak up. I've been a part of this game for a long time, I have a few thousand hours in it myself, I stopped playing nearly a year ago. NPCs would bring life into a dead world. YOu talk about how they added things people wanted and it failed, well, the game you guys wanted, is failing. So enjoy your dead, lifeless game. You can't have player driven content when there are no players... And yes, I have played recently, a few times. I didn't see one single person on the 3 stations I visited. I flew to my 2 starbases, not a single person flying around. It's sad to see, I loved this game, most of the ideas they had for it, but none of what you want is going to happen when no on is playing to add them. So go on with your ego and toxic personality and keep talking trash... I'm curious, do you play Rust? You'd fit in well there.

shado20

Veteran endo
Trash talking someone for having suggestions. What a way to get people to want to speak up. I've been a part of this game for a long time, I have a few thousand hours in it myself, I stopped playing nearly a year ago. NPCs would bring life into a dead world. YOu talk about how they added things people wanted and it failed, well, the game you guys wanted, is failing. So enjoy your dead, lifeless game. You can't have player driven content when there are no players... And yes, I have played recently, a few times. I didn't see one single person on the 3 stations I visited. I flew to my 2 starbases, not a single person flying around. It's sad to see, I loved this game, most of the ideas they had for it, but none of what you want is going to happen when no on is playing to add them. So go on with your ego and toxic personality and keep talking trash... I'm curious, do you play Rust? You'd fit in well there.
Jan 26, 2022 this was posted Jan 26, 2022
everything was different then...

the game is on hold at the moment till they can get the funding , everything is incomplete.

timing is relevant!

mikan

Well-known endo
I think we should make easy products a little more difficult to let people play with them for a long time.

Since the station is not functioning, change it so that luxury goods that can be made at the bench cannot be made at the bench, but only at the factory attached to the station. For those who do not want to have a station, make it possible to produce items at factories attached to rental apartments.

Change items that could previously be produced so that they do not have to leave the initial production area and have to go to a distant station to purchase them. This will be after the implementation of the cargo of items.

The alloy furnace is too simple, and I don't think it is a necessary device for end content unless it is as large as the Capitol Ship's location memory device.