sort of a territory control idk make raids useful

Gknees

Well-known endo
raiding bases seems kinda useless like both sides literally waste resources for getting nothing but destroying everything
you just able to end everything in first minutes by hitting capital ship and station with a couple of torpedo salvos and then it doesnt matters if attackers won or lost, they get less than they spent cos capital ships are going to be expensive. so whats the point? maybe make some kind of territory control? add resource rich spots on map, make a way to detect those spots. Then make a station module which can provide some sort of detection of ships flying around it. Players place their station in resource rich spot and put a detection module on it so station members can track enemy ships mining around and destroy them. But those people are not only one in here, so someone else will want to destroy everyone who is not in their faction around this spot, they gonna destroy each others miners and cargo ships. Players kinda will not be able to get a big money out of this spot cos they can see each other and destroy each other ships. the only 1 way to stop this madness is to destroy detection module on enemy station. so you do a siege and now this siege has a point, even if both of sides destroyed each other attackers technically will win cos they got rid of enemy patrols hunting for their miners and they can finally earn a lot of money without troubles so capital ship will be not just a bigger pile of thrown away resources cos using it you can get even more of resources.

The only way to hit a station is with a cap ship in tow. Which gatekeeps the entire territory capture idea.

Well, you can't effectively raid a station or supply depot without announcing it, and utilizing a speedy ship that can't maneuver to do it.

Distuth

Active endo
What's stopping me from just spamming stations with these detection magic boxes around the area? By the time you arrive for one, I've set up the second. For that matter, what's stopping multiple factions from being in the same area doing this?

What's stopping me from just spamming stations with these detection magic boxes around the area? By the time you arrive for one, I've set up the second. For that matter, what's stopping multiple factions from being in the same area doing this?
You have a limit of 3 stations.

There is nothing that actually stops groups from griefing other peoples stations by placing their stations stupid close.