Starbase - 15 Minutes of Uncut Combat discussion thread

Indeed, third goal is that we prepare the game to be ready to be broken by (pre)alpha testers :D. Every test so far has been progress, in fact yesterday we had a very enjoyable experience, I didn't experience any technical issues and on top of that we destroyed a ton of Kingdom fighters :LOL:
Which is always good and right, death to the kingdom.

This video is pretty cool and it shows a lot of things.
Still, I'd like to have some simple shooting lead indicator and radar. Yeah, with these the basic shooting will require less skill and even a monkey can do it, but the maneuver, tactic and ship design also matters a lot and with much more depth.

NoName

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Still, I'd like to have some simple shooting lead indicator and radar. Yeah, with these the basic shooting will require less skill and even a monkey can do it, but the maneuver, tactic and ship design also matters a lot and with much more depth.
I think (my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt) that the game is going for a more of "give the players basic tools so they can have fun and do what they want but leave room for people with skill to survive and thrive". If you get what I am saying I think they are going to let shooting require more skill so those with said skill can exceed and not vice versa.

Very interesting. Curious about the boarding fights and whether we'll actually see those on player-optimized ships. I doubt most players will want to waste space on creating interesting interiors for fighting in.
Indeed, the only reason my Navidad Beam Corvette even has anything of an Interior is because it needs some place to put the Generators and it'll be easier then just to make the Central Hull an Octangular Tube onto which everything else is bolted to.
Most of the actual parts are going to be built into the winglet modules with such redundancy that it will be easier to replace the entire thing rather than try to rebuild it after a catastrophic failure.

Morrgard

Master endo
I think (my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt) that the game is going for a more of "give the players basic tools so they can have fun and do what they want but leave room for people with skill to survive and thrive". If you get what I am saying I think they are going to let shooting require more skill so those with said skill can exceed and not vice versa.
I hope that is the case, skill-based is the most fun types of games in my opinion. A game where your skill in something really matters I mean and transfers well in the game.

Commissar Awesome

Learned-to-sprint endo
I would much rather not have a lead indicator, small fast fighters will be much more viable if they can evade fire.

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
Great video!

Just concerned about the ship hitching back and forth when leaving the station to head to the battle.
also, sometimes when seeing another ship fire, its guns fired and flashed prior to the ship actually arriving to that position.
its like there was gun flashes, and then the ship snapped to that position from whence the flash came from.

I hope this gets fixed, and still hope for the best!!! can't wait!

Just concerned about the ship hitching back and forth
It's probably not even possible to achieve perfectly smooth movement of other players using peer to peer. Look at GTA online, you get people from all over the world, some with potato PCs or bad internet and you see fast cars lagging all over the place.

is the pilot using a headtracker to look around? i know this was a planned implementation, is it in and working well?

I am honestly liking the look of this game so far, the feedback and interest the devs, in this case LauriFB, take in the community and the game are fantastic.
I do like the look of the game so far, the coding looks great especially the flowchart option for those of us with no coding background.

I definitely like the mention of keeping your ship alive and burning through all of your ammo. this brings in the need for logistics ships as well in these larger battles :)

FANTASTIC!!!