Starbase is not Ark or Atlas

Azelous

Veteran endo
Title. We've already nuked one thread, let's not do this to more.

In Starbase, there is no "Alpha Tribe", there aren't even "Beta Tribes". There are alliances, and not all of them will be interacting with each other.

Safe zones aren't where everyone will just "hide" away from pirates and the like, people will wander out into the ginormous world without most people noticing. New stations will arise that are close to each other, and others that are quite a ways off. Factions that wish to attack another will be forced to travel potentially vast distances to lay siege. In contrast, in Ark anyone can just teleport to your map and lay siege with enough time and tames.

There isn't going to be any "leashing" or "slaving" of players. If players want to leave a station that's being taken over, they'll just leave. You can only attack assault ships, you're going to do a lot of staring at protected ships. You might get a few players who decide that they really liked their station enough to instead join the attacking faction when it is taken over, but at that point they're slaves to their own creations, not to the occupying faction. Other factions are always looking for new players, I doubt they'll have a hard time finding a new home.

Huursa

Well-known endo
Stop denyin, start acceptim whats comin. Otherwise u ar just diggin yo own grave post launch. And nop the safe zone is pretty small cuz everyone gon be on the stations and when u got only 4-5 of em gon be a shitshow. Alsoi doubt the asteroids in the safe zone will respawn that would be too op meanin no one would ever hav to leave. And yes there ar already beta and alpha tribes just check the comin atlas alliances and when launch hits ppl will quickly realize that if they dont bend the knee they gettin wiped, basic shit bruh.

Last edited:

Huursa

Well-known endo
Title. We've already nuked one thread, let's not do this to more.

In Starbase, there is no "Alpha Tribe", there aren't even "Beta Tribes". There are alliances, and not all of them will be interacting with each other.

Safe zones aren't where everyone will just "hide" away from pirates and the like, people will wander out into the ginormous world without most people noticing. New stations will arise that are close to each other, and others that are quite a ways off. Factions that wish to attack another will be forced to travel potentially vast distances to lay siege. In contrast, in Ark anyone can just teleport to your map and lay siege with enough time and tames.

There isn't going to be any "leashing" or "slaving" of players. If players want to leave a station that's being taken over, they'll just leave. You can only attack assault ships, you're going to do a lot of staring at protected ships. You might get a few players who decide that they really liked their station enough to instead join the attacking faction when it is taken over, but at that point they're slaves to their own creations, not to the occupying faction. Other factions are always looking for new players, I doubt they'll have a hard time finding a new home.
When u spend 2 months buildin yo station and u get threatened with a wipe u would bend the knee faster than u can say freedom bruh, u dont just evacuate the station u spent the last 2 fkin months buildin thats not how it works.

Huursa

Well-known endo
Please do. CSTG provided great target practice in Atlas. I could use swarm of live target dummies to hone the new piloting skillset.
They havent provided shit, u got wiped by em and u will get wiped again by em, if they were trainin dummies say that to J4 who fought CSTG for a month day and night and still got wiped cuz they couldnt keep up with the farmin.

Huursa

Well-known endo
Like they will find you in the game if you relocate far away from safezone, LOL.
U aint gon be able to go far from spawn if the ring is blocked, CSTG alone can lock down 1 section of the ring close to the safe zone and u either gon go into void space to go around em or u can try yo luck and get beamed while tryin to trespass. Even if u do get far from spawn thats np sooner or later u gon be found out and wiped.

Wicca

Well-known endo
@Huursa can you save it for when the game is released, I think noone here really wants to do a VS between all the factions in the games current state. It's not constructive.
If you are just here to troll, then so be it.

Huursa

Well-known endo
@Huursa can you save it for when the game is released, I think noone here really wants to do a VS between all the factions in the games current state. It's not constructive.
If you are just here to troll, then so be it.
Aint trollin just sayin whats comin.

Bloodlance

Well-known endo
U aint gon be able to go far from spawn if the ring is blocked, CSTG alone can lock down 1 section of the ring close to the safe zone and u either gon go into void space to go around em or u can try yo luck and get beamed while tryin to trespass. Even if u do get far from spawn thats np sooner or later u gon be found out and wiped.
lol you clearly have no clue how BIG the safezones are.

its nice that you have 800 or so players 24/7 having a visual border control. your dedication is admirable.

lol

Wicca

Well-known endo
I find it rather amusing that some people have this clear view of how the game will be, before it's out and is just preaching and creating meta out of it.
But there is no substance.

How will you wipe players @Huursa Do you know the gameplay mechanic? How do you stop a player from respawning on their station? How do you take over a station?

Vexus

Master endo
Safe zone might be 1000km end to end. View distance for a player is a 5km sphere. This is 3D space - no "rings" exist, only spheres, and if you form a line, people just go right around you with ease, meaning a grid pattern is the most effective way to "catch" or "block" other players. 1024 ships - so at least a thousand other players whose sole job is forming this grid - spread 1km apart so they can reinforce each other would mean a grid of 32km x 32km. If they spread thin to 5km they could cover a grid of 160km x 160km on the edge of the safe zone, and this would limit their ability to swarm any one ship, so this spread is unlikely - but still tiny compared to the full size of the safe zone.

It will take ~3 minutes for any random player to just "go around" the 32km x 32km grid of 1024 ships. At 100m/s, 32km is 320 seconds of travel, but you won't go end-to-end, you'd hit it maybe at the middle, so you'd have half the travel distance to the 'edge' of this blockade and then ... go around. If they doubled their grid size, you'd spend ~6 minutes to go around. If you ran into the edge of their grid... a minute or two and you're out of their range.

It's not even worth doing the actual math, so I'm just going to cheat and consider a side of the sphere as 1000km x 1000km. This would mean you would need 1 million players to "block" one side of the safe zone by having a ship every 1km.

I can only hope this happens, the game would be amazing with that many players, let your imagination run wild.

This is also considering a 500km radius. If it is 1000km radius, then yeah good luck.

There is no game like Starbase we've seen. There's no telling how the gameplay will work. Considering all ships need actual fuel, which actually has to be mined, and doesn't last forever, means the dynamics in Starbase will be revolutionary, where all gameplay has meaning. Blocking a 32km x 32km grid of space with one thousand actual players would be a complete waste of resources - unless you're attacking some specific target. For comparison, the devs have stated some stations could be dozens of km in size alone if not more.

Last edited:

Bloodlance

Well-known endo
Exactly what Vexus said, i did not crunch the numbers due to cat head not understand , way too big of a number(s).

Plus if players build a starbase to the outer limit of a safezone, it will expand it... even more.

Huursa

Well-known endo
Exactly what Vexus said, i did not crunch the numbers due to cat head not understand , way too big of a number(s).

Plus if players build a starbase to the outer limit of a safezone, it will expand it... even more.
I doubt stations will exband the safe zone cuz thats just retarded, wtf if RAMBO was to build stations inside the safe zone then its gon get as big as teh entire ring itself hows that balanced.

Bloodlance

Well-known endo
I doubt stations will exband the safe zone cuz thats just retarded, wtf if RAMBO was to build stations inside the safe zone then its gon get as big as teh entire ring itself hows that balanced.
thats how it is, the more people play inside safezone the bigger it gets.

so if you live safe in safezone you basically help your pray.

and if you live outside safezone, then there is players like me, solo or grouped with 25 of my friends just hunting everything.

Huursa

Well-known endo
thats how it is, the more people play inside safezone the bigger it gets.

so if you live safe in safezone you basically help your pray.

and if you live outside safezone, then there is players like me, solo or grouped with 25 of my friends just hunting everything.
The startin safe zone?