Starbase Progress Notes: Week 23 (2020)

We can buy other players' ship in marketplace?That's not good for the creativity of players.
Some people may not want to build ships, and it can be a hard skill to make a really good ship. Currently, the only player ships in the marketplace are very high quality.

Ore tower looks amazing! VFX on laser rifle is a nice improvement too. video made me realize that the weapon leaning to the left when holding the trigger feels a bit weird though. aaaaaah i really shouldn't watch these weekly progress updates it just makes me want to play this game too much

XenoCow

Master endo
Player made ships have been added to the marketplace and to the economy ("Aphelios" made by TGess and "Mule" made by Okim)
I'm surprised, I wasn't expecting something like this. I'm glad you're already looking directly to the community for these kinds of things. I do hope that those two ships are somewhat generic or at least blend well with the current roster.

Also, are beams/plates that have been built via the building tool stick together or are they loose?

Yay, autobolting with 30 degree beams has been my largest issue with the current SC. Can't wait for this update to come to the alpha!

Joshua

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Its looking good, I like the progress. Keep working out the issues.

Venombrew

Master endo
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so its not a feature they plan on keeping? cause dude inside the safezone capitals it would totally work. Be nice to have an arena option, and it could be really cool to see neu-factions using it as well. THUNDERDOME!