Starbase Progress Notes: Week 34 (2021)

Hey Lauri, when can we have an "Delete all *type of rss/mats*" , like for ores in space, or even for the people who crafted tons of items (for the research tree) in their own station, and when they try to open it they lag/freeze/crash because they have so much things, and having to delete it one by one is madness ! :c

It could be a temporary QOL HUGE update, and it must take no time for your devs to do it, its very important.
Later on we could expect an "Ore Filter" for the Ore Collector, but for now it would be cool, there is tons of peeps begging for it (including me)

Should not be very hard and long to do i guess ! And you guys could improve the life of thousands miners .. thanks o7

Coy

Active endo
These notes are basically a continuation of the notes from week 32, so you can compare and contrast the two. We are still figuring out the best way of formatting these, so please, give your opinions on the look of the notes.
I preferred the color bullet points from the last update tbh, but still a great update cant wait to see more soon. :)

More like new materials (alloys are already on PTU). However, we will also look into balancing materials/damage system all the time.
What bugs me about the armour is that the smaller plates are basicly worthless as armour since they're penetrated by the first shot, thus making the most viable options being to try to design the whole ship around the largest plate, 432x432. I hope you are looking into that and are able to find a good solution.

Kenetor

Master endo
What bugs me about the armour is that the smaller plates are basicly worthless as armour since they're penetrated by the first shot, thus making the most viable options being to try to design the whole ship around the largest plate, 432x432. I hope you are looking into that and are able to find a good solution.
the other option they tried before was the same for all plates no matter the size, people just spammed small plates instead and big plates were bad. it needs a new system entirely, but what that system is I have no idea. but many small plates will be bad for performance.

Not a single mention of radiation tracking, but I see cosmetics being worked on? Wasn't that further back on the roadmap?

the other option they tried before was the same for all plates no matter the size, people just spammed small plates instead and big plates were bad. it needs a new system entirely, but what that system is I have no idea. but many small plates will be bad for performance.
Oh, I can see that. Maybe a solution could be found in looking if the plate had adjacent plates and give them a shared hitpoint pool up to a certain amount. Although, I have no idea how they program this stuff, they'll have much more insight in how to balance it than me. It's very easy being an armchair game designer haha :D

shado20

Veteran endo
so what is the difference between the poop stations we can build now and the awesome big station like origin we could build in CA? and are the awesome big stations coming back or are we left with this dull boring small unimpressive poop we have now?