Starbase Progress Notes: Week 49 (2021) - Spaceship insight

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
Forum_ProgressNotes.png

Hello everyone, here are the progress notes of the week 49 of 2021!

This week's progress notes give insight into spaceships, particularly repairing and salvaging them, as well as the upcoming Hangar Halls that can be used to spawn ships on your stations, among other things. You can also find pictures in the gallery about some other new additions that have been in the works this week. We hope you enjoy these snippets of the Starbase development!

You can find the latest extensive overview of all items in development, including several new additions to spaceships, in last week's progress notes: Starbase Progress Notes: Week 48.

Please note that the "Progress Notes" are different from the Starbase "Patch Notes". Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Starbase Early Access. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Starbase Progress Notes: Week 49 (2021) - Spaceship insight
December 6th - 10th

• ❌ = Not started
  • 🟡 = In progress
  • ✔️ = Completed
  • ➖️ = Not applicable (work not required in this phase)
Ship repair options
table1_shiprepairoptions.png

Ships left behind in space
table2_shipsinspace.png

Ship hangars
table3_shiphangars.png

Gallery

Bp_armor_04_in_editor.jpg Starbase_furniture_billboard_ebm_test.jpg Starbase_furniture_new_billboard_bulb_and_frame.jpg Starbase_furniture_smart_casual_lamps_a.jpg Starbase_new_part_icons.jpg Starbase_smartCasual_lights_wip_b.jpg Starbase_ta_armor_set_2_wip_01.png

Videos

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Purchase Starbase Early Access now on Steam!

Kenetor

Master endo
Progress! cant wait for the hanger halls and those lights are looking great!

Last edited:

PandaPants200

Learned-to-sprint endo
Can you select which peices of a ship get repaired or just whether it uses parts from storage to repair?

Kenetor

Master endo
Can you select which peices of a ship get repaired or just whether it uses parts from storage to repair?
you can turn parts of by type but not individual plates and repair as a whole restores to its original or a saved state.
So for example, you cant just repair the thrusters, this would have to be done manually.

Will the terminals for a hanger hall be inside the terminal or outside it? The terminals for the Ship Designer on the Origin stations are outside the spawn area, so I was wondering if the situation would be the same for hanger halls.

Thk

Learned-to-sprint endo
Insurance sounds FANTASTIC, Finally a reason for people to decommission ships
Though it sounds like it is based on damage sustained, (makes sense so no money/mat printing schemes) but will that also mean it is/will be 'optimal' to 'finish off' your own ship? (by blowing the generators for instance)
Also if the magic tow 'people' refuse to go out there does that mean the insurance 'people' will be braver? or, more pointedly, how will they know how much of your ship is missing? What about people just stealing all the parts off then making a claim?
TL;DR: how will literal insurance fraud be prevented?
(post 10 of asking for full (or just more) precision on the designer translation tool and rotation tool number readout and input boxes. Relative nudge would also be huge and a tolerable alternative) (yes this still bugs me greatly)

animated " repairing hall will be interesting.. like something doing another somehting inside your ship, Game starting to be a " arcade ", Game have fantastic Thrusters control realims.. and in the oposite side have this things.. like 2 clicks a voala, ship repaired o be constructed from nohere as dwarfs in the end of the rainbow

you have to code everything you want to do, bolt and weld everything .. and in the oposite side you have a magic harrypotter sprite whos build and auto weld, so i am thinking whos making this things..,

refueling tanks from mordors hand with a piece fo ice and a tank.. for sure our robot have a H2 generator inside our knee,, Why not H2 generator on station , big tanks etc

Pd: We still want simetry at designer!

Kenetor

Master endo
Pd: We still want simetry at designer!
The devs know its the MOST requested feature for the designer and have said its on the list of things to do, as more of the main features feature up the various parts they need, devs will slowly be freed to work on other things like designer improvements.

TLDR: its coming, just wait.

Last edited:

shado20

Veteran endo
im not on board with the deeds thing, if i find a broken ship and i need a deed to salvage what i want, ill just put more holes in it and move on, forget that idea!

Oobfiche

Well-known endo
Insurance sounds FANTASTIC, Finally a reason for people to decommission ships
Though it sounds like it is based on damage sustained, (makes sense so no money/mat printing schemes) but will that also mean it is/will be 'optimal' to 'finish off' your own ship? (by blowing the generators for instance)
Also if the magic tow 'people' refuse to go out there does that mean the insurance 'people' will be braver? or, more pointedly, how will they know how much of your ship is missing? What about people just stealing all the parts off then making a claim?
TL;DR: how will literal insurance fraud be prevented?
(post 10 of asking for full (or just more) precision on the designer translation tool and rotation tool number readout and input boxes. Relative nudge would also be huge and a tolerable alternative) (yes this still bugs me greatly)
well its not actual insurance, your just buying another ship in full price. only thing it saves is time. you dont save any money or resources

mikan

Well-known endo
Just mine the moon, make alloys, and increase the station limit to 5, you'll be able to play more. It is inevitable to fill one station on the capital ship, but it seems difficult to play on two stations.

Great progress! Hangar halls and the ability to tow ships are two features I'm really looking forward to! Once we have fully functional hangar halls and factory halls for player stations and capital ships, we will no longer be tied to travelling back to dev stations for shipbuilding and spawning ships. I think this will really help player stations take off since they can then function independently of the origin stations, even in deep space.

PS: Please increase the per player station limit. Since a capital ship consumes one of the three stations, and you need a regular station to build the dock first - this uses up two stations right away. If you have a moon base, that's three and you have no more to spend. So if you are limited to three you can only have one capital ship - or maybe two if you don't have a moon base. Stations serve an important function in providing navigational beacons as well, so a few more would really help!

Last edited: