Starbase Roadmap Update 3.9.2021

KaiFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
starbase_roadmap_update_3.9.2021.png

Hello all Starbase players!

As many of you may already know, we are unfortunately behind on schedule with our big feature updates. Bugs and the numerous launch issues have pushed back our development schedule. We wanted to share an updated roadmap with new estimates to give you a better overview of our development.

starbase_roadmap_3.9.2021_2560x1440_compressed.jpg

A summary of the delayed key features:

- Moon Bases & Mining were targeted for August, now planned for end of September
- Capital Ships were targeted for August, now planned for October
- Social tools for companies were targeting September, now planned for October
- Station Siege was targeting September, now moved to November

As mentioned in last week's announcement, we'd rather not rush these features into the live build until they have been thoroughly tested. You can expect them to make it to the PTU earlier though.

We appreciate your patience and feedback and hope to get back on track to deliver on our promises.

Sorry for the delays.

Greebo

Well-known endo
Thanks for the update Kai, do you think there's a chance we'll see some love for stations as part of some of these Sep changes? Station building is currently thing thing im most excited about but it feels extremely lacking.

Also I notice Capital ships are October, but refineries are not, are the two not correlated?

blazemonger

Veteran endo
Sensible changes. Happy to see VoIP and improved ship controls. While it mentions only mouse controls, I do hope for Joystick/controller as well

Seeing how the open alpha launch will have cause a lot of "urgent" work to take priority it made sense there was going to be a reshuffle and yes, please do not rush anything. Many of us have had a good bit experience with rushed roadmaps just to hit the mark, but only to end up missing it in reality.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update Kai, do you think there's a chance we'll see some love for stations as part of some of these Sep changes? Station building is currently thing thing im most excited about but it feels extremely lacking.

Also I notice Capital ships are October, but refineries are not, are the two not correlated?
i imagine there will be a number of alloys - but the ones we'll need for very basic civilian capitals won't need refineries. Furnaces, maybe.

Venombrew

Master endo
i be glad when item crates come out. moon is awesome place to salvage tier 2 items but your endo can only hold so much stuff and right now its like a freaking gold mine out there. have to keep making trips in and out of the zone to the city to keep dropping off goods.