structure beams question

I have noticed that there does not seem to be any 45 degree angle beams for say cross-members. I realize that honeycomb or even octagonal ship structure designs would require a different set of calculations, so I'm left wondering, is this by design or are they planned and yet to come?

Zijkhal

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I believe currently you could place beams at odd angles, but the devs' autobolt tool does not support that, so that may be scrapped in the future.

rabirland

Learned-to-sprint endo
It was asked on Discord once, and although there is no premade 45° beam, you can grind down a beam and bolt it to another in any degree.

Sounds legit, it might be easier to build the ship as if it were offset to 45° and then bolt the floors to it -45° giving it that appearance. Kind of like making a ship inside a ship before reinforcing or bonding them together.
As a base of reference, I'm thinking of the halo universe's ships Terran ships, in terms of design structure.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
If you want to make angled beams, make a machine that precision cuts them yourself, I'll be setting up a machine to make hollow beams for wiring, so I wouldn't think a 45° machine would be that hard.

totoro

Learned-to-sprint endo
There are a few beams with two 45 bends in them. See the cockpits of some of the ships on the wiki. (kodiak, nautilus, ocelot specifically)