Suggestion: EA-Release Roadmap

Hello fellow endos and hyped-bois without access (like me),

with the sudden delay of EA (be it for the better or the worse - LET ME INNN o_O ) and with a little missing structure in the roadmap - I would like to suggest/request a small "EA-Release Roadmap".

I imagine it as a small, commentable post from a dev / community manager, in which is stated, what features are mandatory for an EA release on which we can bring in our ideas / suggestions for gameplay requirements.

Like you guys mentioned it - EA release is a HUGE milestone for a game and certainly as important (if not more important) than the 1.0 release. I want Starbase to succeed but also I want to understand, what the current state of development is. Right now, when you ask around, read around - you will find alot of "we don't know yet" in the discord / forums.

It would help everyone (be it CA or just a hyped guy like me) to understand where we are and where we have to be for an EA release. It would also be easier to understand IF another delay happens - why it happens.

Pros:
  • Understanding the current development milestones for EA as an Outsider / Non-CA player (which is the majority)
  • No "ranting" about the 612th delay - cause we can understand what features are missing
  • Saving our precious "days off"
Cons:
  • A little bit of work I guess?

I'd suggest a structure like following (please Im not a list guy so - feel free to bash it in) with the good ol "crossed line" for a finished feature:

EA-Release Roadmap
  1. Mandatory
    1. Huge scale testing with thousands of players
    2. Dance6 emote
    3. Distribution of different starting locations
    4. Player driven economy
      1. Ore smelting into basic parts (f.e. thruster nozzles?)
      2. Assembling of parts
      3. Player shops to sell assembled parts / anything
      4. Feature
    5. Feature 1
    6. Feature 2
    7. Feature 3
  2. Optional
    1. dance74 emote
    2. Gas Refining
    3. Feature 4
    4. Feature 5

TL;DR Gib EA roadmap so I can turn down my hypemeter by 80 % and sleep at night.

I'd like to hear everyones thoughts about it - safe travels you lucky CA guys :coffee:

shado20

Veteran endo
they cant do this, there is no road-map for EA, the features keep getting added on. more and more features wanted but not finished. they finish them but add more and delay!

I think they should completely drop the capital ships until they get the other mechanics finished. They're suffering feature creep and its starting to become a real problem.