Suggestion for research changes

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
Geth has been pushing the research tree pretty hard and found a major issue but has an idea on how to fix it.

The main issue is that people are crafting garbage (or low usage count items like FCU's) just for the research, without intent to ever use the items.

Problems caused by it:
The station storage limit/performance problems as you approach said limit.
The lead researcher for faction station stuff has had their inventory for the station completely filled with a myriad of garbage and ship parts, and short game freezes if they: craft anything(after clearing space), open any menu that loads the inventory, place items from the station inventory (station building/dropping for friends)

Our proposal is to add a new "bench" that burns ore for research points directly (at more research per kv than crafting gives), while keeping research for crafting items.
Doing this would mostly stop the clutter by simply incentivising people to burn the ore on research, while rewarding players a tiny ammount for crafting the items they want instead of just buying them.
In addition we would like to see identical items stack in the station storage for compact display and performance. (only in station storage, nowhere else.)

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
FYI, you can sell these "junk" items for a decent amount at the NPC vendor. FCUs for example sell for about 40% of the ore cost to make them.

Last edited:

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
You can not "junk" them at a personal station hundreds of KM out, and hauling them back cant be done because the backpack size is too small. one of my stations is softlocked with parts that I calculated would take me something like 136000km of travel to empty out of my station into origin, because of how many trips it would take.

PSA though, dont research at your stations. 3000 item limit, origin is 10000.