Suggestion to make the game more fun

RyuShihan

Active endo
When I was playing alpha this game was so fun. Then EA came and it's still fun but missing something. During a discussion about dual universe I realized the issue. Both games turn mining into the time sink when pvp should be the time sink.

For instance you have to mine to get a decent miner so you can afford to loose pvp ships. So you go out and loose your ship and have to mine to build another ship. This causes a race to the bottom in pvp ships. You need something fun and cheap so you don't have to mine so much.

I think with more pvp, more ships will need to be built and salvaged. Causing the economy to be more fluid and the need for ship builders.

My suggestion is lower ores needed to build ship parts. Or maybe a way a builder can build cheaper parts the more they make or a skill.

I'm sure others will think this won't work but I do encourage thoughts in ways to help increase the fun we had in alpha by the constant fun pvp.

I'm sure that pvp will get better with cap ships and hopefully more pvp events in the future. Also, going purely on an educated guess here, but I don't think they really anticipated what opening the game to the public would do to their netcode so I'm sure that is a big potential reason for the delays in addition to their workload on bug fixes and other features on their roadmap and such that were scheduled. Basically what I'm saying here is we're going to have to be patient on this front as they've got a lot on their plates right now.

I do whole-heartedly agree that ships are entirely too expensive though (especially if your main focus is pvp), and I really like the idea of progressing into some sort of discount on parts. One idea would be to implement this into the crafting tree as an "endgame" reward for completing each branch. As in, you can unlock a discount on ship weapons after researching everything in that particular branch, for example. They could even place a limit on the number of discounts you're able to unlock if they wanted to do that as a means to encourage people to "specialize" in a certain section and/or as a means to balance this feature if needed. Anything that expands on the crafting mechanic is a plus in my book!