Teleporting Back To Empty Ship

Kibbles

Active endo
Right now I've got a bit of an issue. So my ship has ran out of fuel which means I can't go and de-spawn it. Whenever I try to fly to buy more reactor rods, I get teleported back to my ship. I'm sure an quick insurance transfer would fix this, but is there any other way?

I'm not in closed alpha so I can't give any direct help, have you asked on the Starbase discord? There tends to be a lot more people who can help over there (both devs and closed alpha people).

Kibbles

Active endo
I haven't yet. I kind of wanted to post it here in-case it was a game issues. So in which case, the devs could see this and fix it (as the discord gets flooded with messages)

Having had a look I'm quite surprised there isn't a bugs channel there, but hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will be able to answer here instead :)

Kibbles

Active endo
Okay, I was going through settings and came across something called "Lifeline". Basically, you can turn this on/of and it will teleport/not teleport you back to your ship

JohannaFB

Community Manager
Having had a look I'm quite surprised there isn't a bugs channel there, but hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will be able to answer here instead :)
Discord has a channel for Alpha testers experiencing problems with the game (#alpha-tech-problems), which we keep an eye on! However, that channel is only for those with alpha access, so you need to have the tag in Discord to access the channel.

Okay, I was going through settings and came across something called "Lifeline". Basically, you can turn this on/of and it will teleport/not teleport you back to your ship
Good to hear that you found the answer already! It sounded like a Lifeline issue indeed. Lifeline is a useful safety feature, but there can be confusion if you have the setting for "Detach Lifeline from stationary spaceships when moving past the range" disabled. So if you want to try having Lifeline enabled again, I recommend checking out that you have that setting enabled so that you can actually get away from stationary ships.

If you still have problems with stationary ships even with that enabled, I would recommend sending an F1 report about it with as much information as you have. (e.g. what were you trying to do, what happened, etc.)

Kibbles

Active endo
Good to hear that you found the answer already! It sounded like a Lifeline issue indeed. Lifeline is a useful safety feature, but there can be confusion if you have the setting for "Detach Lifeline from stationary spaceships when moving past the range" disabled. So if you want to try having Lifeline enabled again, I recommend checking out that you have that setting enabled so that you can actually get away from stationary ships.

If you still have problems with stationary ships even with that enabled, I would recommend sending an F1 report about it with as much information as you have. (e.g. what were you trying to do, what happened, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Ah okay, I'll give that a try! (also after turning it off, I jumped out my ship accidently and lost it forever :whistle: