The Easy Build Bug is Fine Now for me

So, who is still having issues with the easy build bug where you can't snap modules to your ship anymore? Because I think I found a workaround that seems to be solid and I have been using the same module ship and adding and taking away tons of modules without issue. And the ship is completely reusable.

My solution was to not add anything to the ship that isn't a module, especially when you are outside of the easy building area. I first found this out when I placed a crafting table on the top of my earlier modular ship. It instantly stopped allowing me to snap new modules on, and the ship was broken. time for ship two.
I also found if you bolted anything to your ship outside the easy build area (like an ore resource block that you just had to bring back from the belt with you but couldn't fit in your ship), this also caused my ship to break inside the easy build area. Again, no more snapping allowed. Time for ship three.

Once I saw the pattern I figured I would only stick to modular parts, no matter how much I wanted to add a extra device to a hardpoint. THIS SOVLED THE ISSUE! I am now enjoying all the modular parts on one ship and not having anymore issues with snapping in the easy builder area. Hopefully this will work for everyone else, too.

As an extra side note, don't leave items just floating inside the easy build area when it reloads your ship (because it reloads my ship every couple of minutes), This happens often and those floating terrors will get lodged inside the reloaded ship. Makes a terrible mess.

Anyway, see you endos out there. I am at station 30 if you want to meet up some time.

Aha

Veteran endo
Good to know, but I'm not sure if it's entirely true or it can bug your ship by chance this way. I added extra thrusters i had outside of easy build mode and had no problem, I even bolted a crafting bench, no problem. However, suddenly my ship got bugged yesterday and i wasn't even doing any modifications to it when it happened.

Cavilier210

Master endo
Not only do I have that bug, I have one where modules I built or take off a ship vanish. Like, they're totally gone XD

Oh yes iam having pretty much same problems. And OP explains nicely why this is happening and ill keep this in mind and guess ill need to grab new laborer which will be number 4 already. Also to note if you remove module and it is now placed in your station inv. go and check market under gear inv, menu i found all those modules listed there and sadly only option was to sell them as you cant reuse them . . .