The Problem with Capital ships...

Shulace

Well-known endo
Also here are the rest of the comments on the matter that might clear up additional questions that you may have:

civcap5.PNG

civcap4.PNG

civcap3.PNG

(Good luck finding me out in space :p)
civcap2.PNG

I personally don't have anymore questions on the matter but you can head over to the questions tab in the discord and ask Lauri personally any additional questions you may have.

You're welcome btw.

rabirland

Learned-to-sprint endo
but you are telling me how to play my game, i wanna push over your sandcastle, After all, it is a sandbox game!
No, it's an MMO. Learn the difference. Just because a game is a space game with ship building, doesn't instantly make it a Sandbox. Starbase is just as Sandbox as World of Warcraft.

ohh im gonna be honest im going to abuse the crap outta civilian capitol ships as a mega we are gonna abuse these to destroy small pop players and farm them. this new gameplay loop is going to allow megas to become a toxic force of nature. Litterally i can park my ship outside a civilian capitol ships door and they literally cant exit it. This is going to become an amazing asset for greifing players when you have an invincible greifing base to pick on weaker players
So you have a ship that can't move on it's own and takes several hours to charge it's drives, while everyone near your (rad tech) and prolly everyone at your target destination will be warned instantly. How do you want to abuse that? By the time you "warp to other peeps" if they have a cap ship, they'll be showing their bare ass to you from their own safe zone, or if they only have small ships you'll have no idea where they are as they moved away loooong time ago, if they have a station you can't warp (without explicit access) near them and if they are in the belt then git gud, you can't get close to them at all without a mil cap.

Orlover

Well-known endo
I think a lot of worry about caps will disappear after we (hopefully) get to test them in events before EA. Once any of our fears are settled we can try to explain it to others and we might even have some success.

shado20

Veteran endo
No, it's an MMO. Learn the difference. Just because a game is a space game with ship building, doesn't instantly make it a Sandbox. Starbase is just as Sandbox as World of Warcraft.
good god mate , have you read nothing ...
(Starbase is a hybrid voxel/vertex-based space MMO with a fully destructible and infinitely expanding universe, )
what you stopped at mmo and did not read fully destructible
nothing in world of wussycraft is fully destructible