The speed of the ship suddenly decreased

Hello!
Today I ran into a problem. I cannot find a solution to this problem. I can't even figure out why.
Yesterday I built a ship that was supposed to develop a maximum speed of 150 m/s. I tested it in a test room before I bought it. The ship reached its maximum speed. I checked with a cargo frame and a rangefinder (Hello, MoriWatari!). After I bought this, the ship also flew at its maximum speed. However, after some time, the speed dropped by about 15-20 m/s. I checked with a stopwatch - it's true. In addition, the blueprint of the ship also lost speed! And blueprint last version of this ship lost speed also! It's fantastic. I did not change anything in the design of the ship. What could be the reason?
Ship name: Red Spectre.

P.S. Unfortunately, I do not have a screenshot of the ship's speedometer when it was flying at a speed of 150 m/s.

Attachments

Sylwester

Active endo
Check your ship using durability tool and see if there are any durability errors (red parts). There is a gameplay option that reduces your ship speed when you have durability errors, so that your ship won't fall apart.

Check your ship using durability tool and see if there are any durability errors (red parts). There is a gameplay option that reduces your ship speed when you have durability errors, so that your ship won't fall apart.
Thanks for the advice, but that's not the reason. I think this strength factor is enough to not be the reason for the slowdown:

Attachments

Sylwester

Active endo
Another thing you can do is to set your ship to fly at full speed, get off pilot chair and check your engines to see if all forward engines are running with thrust close to 10000 (use universal tool to check this) and all backward engines are not running or have thrust close to 0.

Another thing you can do is to set your ship to fly at full speed, get off pilot chair and check your engines to see if all forward engines are running with thrust close to 10000 (use universal tool to check this) and all backward engines are not running or have thrust close to 0.
Тhank you for want help. But I did this:
I check everything. All thrusters is working

Attachments

Very strange. There are some thrusters on my ship that point at a 45 degrees angle to the forward direction. Yesterday they gave out much more thrust power than today. These thrusters are optional to provide maximum thrust. Maybe I need to check FCU.

P.S. I check it. FCU is good. Maybe is error of 45 degrees thrusters? It's possible?

Last edited:
You could name them "Main" to have them run at 10000 and see what happens.
This helped locate the problem. The reason, most likely, in 45 degree thrusters. When I renamed it to main, the speed went up. Now I will think about why these thrusters suddenly stopped producing the necessary power. No idea yet. Thank you very much! If I manage to solve the problem, I will write here.

Attachments

DivineEvil

Well-known endo
This helped locate the problem. The reason, most likely, in 45 degree thrusters. When I renamed it to main, the speed went up. Now I will think about why these thrusters suddenly stopped producing the necessary power. No idea yet. Thank you very much! If I manage to solve the problem, I will write here.
Well, the thing about 45deg thrusters, if I understand what you mean correctly, apart from them being inherently inefficient due to thrust spent being on counteracting excessive vectors, is that they can step into two cardinal sectors of your MFC influence, meaning that any change in the ship's center-of-mass due to cargo, or developer's changing the mass of specific components or the principles of MFC/FCU operation, can change them from "facing backwards" to "facing sideways", since they're not clearly face either direction. It's a risky move in that sense, which is why designers willing to ignore the efficiency problem place additional thrusters on the sides, but on 15 or 30deg angles, because there's no ambiguity.

Well, the thing about 45deg thrusters, if I understand what you mean correctly, apart from them being inherently inefficient due to thrust spent being on counteracting excessive vectors, is that they can step into two cardinal sectors of your MFC influence, meaning that any change in the ship's center-of-mass due to cargo, or developer's changing the mass of specific components or the principles of MFC/FCU operation, can change them from "facing backwards" to "facing sideways", since they're not clearly face either direction. It's a risky move in that sense, which is why designers willing to ignore the efficiency problem place additional thrusters on the sides, but on 15 or 30deg angles, because there's no ambiguity.
This is a very interesting theory, thanks! I didn't know about it. The fact is that in this concept of the ship, I need to use thrusters placed at an angle. Other options are not very good. I very long time calculate this ship, readin too much text about mass/thrust ratio.
Do you think 44 or 46 degree thrusters would solve the problem? I understand that angled thrusters reduce overall efficiency, but I'm willing to take that risk.

DivineEvil

Well-known endo
This is a very interesting theory, thanks! I didn't know about it. The fact is that in this concept of the ship, I need to use thrusters placed at an angle. Other options are not very good. I very long time calculate this ship, readin too much text about mass/thrust ratio.
Do you think 44 or 46 degree thrusters would solve the problem? I understand that angled thrusters reduce overall efficiency, but I'm willing to take that risk.
Probably, although I personally would not go for that, because it might make the ship harder to repair, and generally avoid any manual angle inputs. But it can work, as long as MFC can see as the thruster facing one side. I just don't know how flexible it is in that determination precisely because I pretty much never designed a ship with thrusters facing anything other than the cardinal directions. You can very well try and see it through. That's the part of the process.

Foraven

Veteran endo
One thing to note is that on current live version frame rate dictate top speed (it's fixed on the PTU). If something on the computer's background is slowing your frame rates that might explain it.

Probably, although I personally would not go for that, because it might make the ship harder to repair, and generally avoid any manual angle inputs. But it can work, as long as MFC can see as the thruster facing one side. I just don't know how flexible it is in that determination precisely because I pretty much never designed a ship with thrusters facing anything other than the cardinal directions. You can very well try and see it through. That's the part of the process.
I will try to find out in practice. If it works, I'll post the result here.

One thing to note is that on current live version frame rate dictate top speed (it's fixed on the PTU). If something on the computer's background is slowing your frame rates that might explain it.
Yes, I know about it. Thanks to MoriWatari for his video. I monitored the frame rate when I measured the speed.

I placed the thrusters at a 46 degree angle to the thrust vector and... it didn't work. The ship looks like it could be scrapped. I'm very sad.

One question haunts me: why did the ship lose speed? After all, initially everything worked, but there were no updates at the moment when the speed decreased!

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
Check your ghost inevtory. When you pick items up, it can go into your characters ghost inventory, a phantom inventory that can only be accessed at origin sales terminals. I had a corp member have so many things in their inventory they noticed they could only go 130m/s with a ship known to go 150. They stored all parts from their backpack/endo that they could and looked in the backpack sales terminal at the marketplace to find a whole ship's worth of components in their bag. The game calculates endo mass into your ship speed, so after he sold-all, he was back up to 150m/s again.

If that fails I am happy to load up into an editor with you and try to help you find out, as I have about 2k hours in the SSC, I've seen a lot of what can go wrong. Normally the issues can be summed up by user error, MFC error, or ghost inventory.

Check your ghost inevtory. When you pick items up, it can go into your characters ghost inventory, a phantom inventory that can only be accessed at origin sales terminals. I had a corp member have so many things in their inventory they noticed they could only go 130m/s with a ship known to go 150. They stored all parts from their backpack/endo that they could and looked in the backpack sales terminal at the marketplace to find a whole ship's worth of components in their bag. The game calculates endo mass into your ship speed, so after he sold-all, he was back up to 150m/s again.

If that fails I am happy to load up into an editor with you and try to help you find out, as I have about 2k hours in the SSC, I've seen a lot of what can go wrong. Normally the issues can be summed up by user error, MFC error, or ghost inventory.
I check my inventory and cleared it of items and it worked! Indeed, now I understand when the decrease in speed happened. I put in the inventory the fast travel core for flying through the gate, and immediately after that I found that the speed of the ship did not correspond to the maximum. I didn't know about it before.

Thank you very much! Now I am sure that I designed my ship correctly! Thanks again! You helped me a lot!

Attachments