The Tripod is broken. Here is 10 minutes showing why.

cl0ck

Learned-to-sprint endo
So, I made a shippvp montage of the past week or so with my small crew. I just wanted to post it here so everyone, including the devs, really get a feel for just how much needs to be done to balance the tripod. While I am hopeful for the upcoming changes that are on the PTR, I fear that will not be enough. Please note the video is unlisted so I'm not just posting it for the views.

You make a point but most of these ships aren't even armored with chardonium, my ship, given it's meant for PvP can take quite a few hits from tri-pods. Like a **** ton, actually.

cl0ck

Learned-to-sprint endo
a lot of these ships were actually charodium.. i just didn't feel like including the inspections of each ship after they were dead, figured it would make the vid too long/boring.

a lot of these ships were actually charodium.. i just didn't feel like including the inspections of each ship after they were dead, figured it would make the vid too long/boring.
Uhh, I mean, unless all of these shop ships you've taken down were revamped BP's then no they were not made of chardonium. Not to mention it wouldn't matter if they were, a decent amount of the ships were minimally plated at best.

cl0ck

Learned-to-sprint endo
only about half the ships in the video are ship-shop ships, most of them are custom.. again due to how long ships take to render most of the time i decided to leave the inspections out but if you're really familiar with the ship shop ships you should be easily able to notice the custom ships- i can point out some timestamps if you want

only about half the ships in the video are ship-shop ships, most of them are custom.. again due to how long ships take to render most of the time i decided to leave the inspections out but if you're really familiar with the ship shop ships you should be easily able to notice the custom ships- i can point out some timestamps if you want
Just to clarify i'm not ragging on you, I pretty much do the same thing, but I think it's a bit premature to assume that they are OP. While not all of the ships are pure junk you fought they still aren't up to standard for "PvP" there's very very very few ships that are at the moment. 2.0+ durability class and chardonium outer with some aegis inner plating will put a ship leagues ahead as far as taking hits goes and like I said very few people have ships that meet these requirements

OLO

Endokid
prob is how hard making ships are for most players, and the ambigous system for determining what makes a ship "good", getting a ship to work is hard enough, balancing it with a high warp factor, and good armor is likely beyond most players skillset right now, and their just assuming that their miner is gonna get whacked by a ship with guns no matter the amount of effort they put into it.

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
You make a point but most of these ships aren't even armored with chardonium, my ship, given it's meant for PvP can take quite a few hits from tri-pods. Like a **** ton, actually.
How many layers? Each charodium plate can only take about 6 shots until it becomes paper to the tripod. Given that the tripod can shoot 12 shots per second that means your ship better have 2 charodium plates on each side or it's gonna look just like the ships in this video.

cl0ck

Learned-to-sprint endo
How many layers? Each charodium plate can only take about 6 shots until it becomes paper to the tripod. Given that the tripod can shoot 12 shots per second that means your ship better have 2 charodium plates on each side or it's gonna look just like the ships in this video.
yah i didnt feel like explaining to him that every material is useless against a tripod he seemed like the sort of person that would have had an answer for it. also seems like the sort of person that doesn't leave the safe zone.

Tri-pod really never hit that hard on well built ships 6 shots isn't going to tear open char plates, you'd be lucky if 20 do it from a tri-pod, shooting at them directly in test mode is not the same as actual combat. Now I get you've not left the safezone clock but if you did you'd know that.

Yeah, I don't think these ships are plated properly.
If they were this fight would have been far longer.

Store bought are not good pvp ships.

If the plating was Char, Kuto, or Aegis there's a big difference. Bastium is basically paper and Tripods chew through it.

Coming from some one who built a ship that rams through asteroids.

Venombrew

Master endo
these ships have way to much vulnerability in their design to honestly be qualified to test weaponry. and what i mean by that, is their vitals are too exposed. what you need to do is create your own dummy ship to test shots on, this way you build it without exposed vitals and you def know what material is being used.

From what i have seen, Tripods are a lot more accurate than mounted guns and basicly have the same firepower and a lot smaller/lighter?
If so, yeah defenetly overpowered.

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Tri-pod really never hit that hard on well built ships 6 shots isn't going to tear open char plates, you'd be lucky if 20 do it from a tri-pod, shooting at them directly in test mode is not the same as actual combat. Now I get you've not left the safezone clock but if you did you'd know that.
So one side has facts and you have feelings? No one is saying that tripods auto target critical plates at 2km but they are quite strong. It is very important to compare weapons side by side.

At present tripods still have more DPS than autocannons, use less energy, can be freely aimed, never overheat, and are cheaper.