Transponder fields are broken

Vorg

Well-known endo
According to the Update 11.2.2021 (Alpha 353) patch notes and what others have said and the wiki, The transponder is supposed to have some fields
Transponders
  • Added device fields that inform the current area rules (insideSafeZone, playerDamage, shipDamage, collisionDamage, stationsAllowed)
    • Provides 0 if the rule is false, and 1 if the rule is true
    • The transponder must be attached to a ship
It looks like few if any of these work. Flying around in the safe zone, that field always shows 0. stationsAllowed also doen't work. The wiki list other fields also:

rangetransponderActive - On/off: 0 - 1
transponderOwner - Owner of transponder/ship. - Filled at creation: string
transponderShipName - Name of ship that transponder is tied to. - Filled at creation: string
insideSafezoneIs - the transponder inside a safe zone?: 0 - 1
playerDamage - Can this ship currently be damaged by players?: 0 - 1
shipDamage - Can this ship currently be damaged by other ships?: 0 - 1
collisionDamage - Can this ship currently be damaged by collisions?: 0 - 1
stationsAllowed - Can a new station be constructed in the current area?: 0 - 1

Looking at my transponder on my starter ship, Both those string fields just have 0. The only field that changes to anything else is the first one which changes to 1 when the transponder is on. The rest of the fields are not effected by the transponder being on or off. The on/off state shouldn't matter anyway for the rest of the fields.

Womble

Veteran endo
Your Transponder may be broken. My "IsInsideSafeZone" works perfectly well, and our Company shipwright by default puts warning lights on to remind you to kill your Transponder if you leave the Safe Zone, which do flash and blink and generally help us remember.

The designer instance somehow isn't inside the safe zone, I believe, but you mention flying around, so it's not that.

Maybe your transponder is broken. Report it with F1, and maybe you'll get a bounty! :)

Vorg

Well-known endo
Think I did report this with F1 and and in discord and this is ether the second or 3rd forum post. And first response I got back.

Does the transponder need to be on for the other fields to work?

Vorg

Well-known endo
I just replaced the transponder. The fields for owner and so on all stay 0. I can change to them to 1 and then they are read, but they don't seem to change on their own.

Also, said yours is "IsInsideSafeZone". There is no "Is' in the default field.

Womble

Veteran endo
I just replaced the transponder. The fields for owner and so on all stay 0. I can change to them to 1 and then they are read, but they don't seem to change on their own.

Also, said yours is "IsInsideSafeZone". There is no "Is' in the default field.
I was working from a very quick glance at the field's value and memory for the field name. There's no "is" on my Transponder field either. And it shouldn't matter anyway. You could call it Saskatchewan, and it'd work the same way :)

Forum posts don't generally garner official support, and this looks like a bug problem for you specifically, to me, so I think you'll need to keep poking the F1 channel. If you get another ship, does it do the same? Or is it just this one vessel?

Just a thought: are you sure the ship only has one Transponder? The ship designer won't allow more, I think, but I don't think there's anything stopping you manually adding more to a design once it's spawned into the world. And I don't know how that would affect things once you cable it in...

Vorg

Well-known endo
There were other threads about people trying to use that field to find a station location. That is how I found out about it. And it's the starter ship with some extra cargo, engine, and battery modules. Also added yolo and other parts, but no transponder. It's located just behind/above the seat. I currently only have the one ship. Using it to get the resource to build one which I'm still designing.

Vorg

Well-known endo
Can't bug report in game atm, maybe latter tonight. But I did just confirm this at least for my starter ship. I just built a new ship in the main designer, not the EZB, and the TP works on it. It correctly populates the fields where as my starter ship dosen't. Maybe others who still have starter ships or other EZB ships can check their TP's to see if these fields other then the transponder power field are populating, Such as in side the safe zone, ship name, and ship owner.

Womble

Veteran endo
I can confirm that it was my starter ship which I was using earlier in this thread to confirm that the Xponder fields were populated as expected. Sounds like a ship-specific bug; you might get a voucher for a replacement once you're back at F1 :)

Vorg

Well-known endo
I've not done the voucher thing yet. Is this a replacement of the ship as it is at the time of the request? or is it just another stock ship. I've made a number of changes/additions.

Womble

Veteran endo
I've not done the voucher thing yet. Is this a replacement of the ship as it is at the time of the request? or is it just another stock ship. I've made a number of changes/additions.
I've had no need of it personally, either. AIUI, though, it's probably just for the base ship/bloop.