Unwelding modules from station no longer returns them to inventory

Caddrel

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
On my station at least, unwelding modules in easy build mode no longer returns them to either the station inventory or personal inventory. They simply vanish.

I tried the restarting game "trick", still doesn't seem to have fixed it. Also tried with a number of different block types, and also between newly placed blocks and older blocks.

I've also tried flying away from the station 11k and back to reload the session/LOD. Still not fixed. I can move other items in and out of the station's inventory just fine.

I was hoping to do some station building. I could do mining instead, but my mining ship vanished yesterday from outside the station and it still hasn't been retrieved/refunded from wherever it vanished to. I guess there's a lot of tickets outstanding about missing ore!

Last edited:

Haladin

Active endo
+1. I've F1'd this as well in the PTU. If you have the item you're unwelding on the hotbar, you can see the count go up for a few seconds, then drop again to where it was.

Frustrating enough in the PTU with infinite resources, but really painful in Live!

Greebo

Well-known endo
They're going into your hidden equipment inventory, you can sell them in the market place or place them via hotbar, but otherwise can't move them around. No idea why this happens, maybe as a fallback if it fails to put it in your normal inventory?

Caddrel

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
They're going into your hidden equipment inventory, you can sell them in the market place or place them via hotbar, but otherwise can't move them around.
I currently place all my easy build modules via the hotbar, however the parts that are "vanishing" are not going back there as far as I can tell. The part counts go down when I place them, but do not go back up when they're removed.

They may be visible in the equipment menu back in Origin in the marketplace, but I have no way of accessing that without teleporting back to Origin.