Uses for excess research points

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
It would be nice to have a use for excess research points after completing the tech tree.

Personally I would like to be able to use them for upgrades to permanently reduce crafting times. The cost in terms of time to build a ship makes it too grindy. Literally hours of "play time" just being AFK is not fun or interesting game play.

It would also give players the option to save and "invest" crafting points in faster crafting time, instead of unlocking things immediately, if they wanted to blitz the tech tree.

Does anyone else have suggestions for how to use excess crafting points?

shado20

Veteran endo
well i would like to see the ability to trade one point for another. like a 10to1 trade...?? so that way an industrial player making ships/stations with lots of the red blocks points can easily unlock weapons!

and yes crafting times need speed ups
or a crafting station i can set to craft then leave without messing up the crafting. when i set a crafting queue, i can not leave the station or log off or it will mess up the crafting, and sitting in a station for 4 hours crafting ship parts is not fun!

I think devs will refuse from this way of crafting/researching and in the future. We will have different way to craft items, maybe we will get manufacturing or production lines