VR support with independent hand control

Like the title say! VR could be very fun especially that it's a genre tech that will grow more and more in the future. How could it blend in starbase? Or will it give advantage to VR users?

CalenLoki

Master endo
Id love it even more if yolol could read robot head possition.
Aiming turrets with your head while piloting with keyboard and mouse.

I don't care about hand control that much, as we'll spend more time piloting ships than not. And for that I'd prefer other controllers.

Maybe If they find a way to smoothly integrate it into ship creator...?

Yeah, that would be an advantage. But good rig, big screen and controllers are as well, and nobody sane thinks about banning them for that reason.

And of course VR should wait. There is way more important stuff to add.

Of course other things matter, but using VR in space-game is a nice challenge, since in the vaccum, you are actually in the void while standing in your living room, it might be a deal breaker for immersion, as VR stands to promotes immersions (and thats why people pay for it). I just hope they will explore more in the future to check possibilities with new games, new VR tech like index controllers, Quest's cameras that detect hands.
Hand control would be useful at controlling different lever and button at the same time when piloting the ship for instance. But indeed, everything is bindable, so you could be faster with a keyboard.

But looking at your ship with a VR headset would be priceless tho...