Warning Sensors

Brushes

Well-known endo
Detector devices that can alert crew to fuel, radiation or coolant leaks... and fire.

Maybe lasers or missile launches too.

Last edited:

CalenLoki

Master endo
There is no fire or radiation yet.

And there are ways to detect leaking pipes - same as irl, just monitor unusually high flow rate.

Rest falls under enemy detection category, and as such is quite subjective. There's many people who are against automatic spotting.

Brushes

Well-known endo
There is no fire or radiation yet.

And there are ways to detect leaking pipes - same as irl, just monitor unusually high flow rate.

Rest falls under enemy detection category, and as such is quite subjective. There's many people who are against automatic spotting.
fuel, specifically, is acidic right? Would be helpful in larger ships to know right away if there were a leak, even a small one.

Yeah, missile launch and targetting laser warnings would need to be non specific, like just telling the pilot there is a laser pointing at his ship from somewhere.

Cavilier210

Master endo
The parts are in place to do this. Its up to you to design the systems to do this job. Much of the point of SB is to make the systems we wish to have with available parts. Not to have entire systems just handed to us. This purpose you have in mind is exactly what YOLOL is for.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
The parts are in place to do this. Its up to you to design the systems to do this job. Much of the point of SB is to make the systems we wish to have with available parts. Not to have entire systems just handed to us. This purpose you have in mind is exactly what YOLOL is for.
And that's what I love about the game. It hands you a couple hinges, plates, and wires and says "go make your own triangular door", instead of having a part for triangular doors.

Brushes

Well-known endo
is there a module thats receptive to fluids and lasers and missile launches or are we assuming? I dont see anything here that appears to provide these inputs for YOLOL to work with.
https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Devices_and_machines

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
is there a module thats receptive to fluids and lasers and missile launches or are we assuming? I dont see anything here that appears to provide these inputs for YOLOL to work with.
https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Devices_and_machines
You'd have to get a bit more creative. You can check if a wire or a tube is damaged by looking at how fast it loses fuel/electricity. Basically, we don't need sensors for damage if we can have a system that checks if a wire that runs through the wing is still intact or not.

Brushes

Well-known endo
You'd have to get a bit more creative. You can check if a wire or a tube is damaged by looking at how fast it loses fuel/electricity. Basically, we don't need sensors for damage if we can have a system that checks if a wire that runs through the wing is still intact or not.
Hmmm:unsure: i suppose, in that case, you could wrap fuel tanks in wiring and assume there's a leak if the loop is broken? That actually would be cooler in my opinion, as long as it keeps working that way and we can label warning lights and such.:)

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
Hmmm:unsure: i suppose, in that case, you could wrap fuel tanks in wiring and assume there's a leak if the loop is broken? That actually would be cooler in my opinion, as long as it keeps working that way and we can label warning lights and such.:)
It's all up to you and how you do it is your decision completely.