Was any action taken against the people who hacked blueprints?

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
Kodey posted a little while ago that some people made “perfect replicas.” Looking at the bolt patterns, it was spot on and clearly stolen. That bugged me, and today I finally remembered to make a forum account, I wanted this to be the perfect first post I make. I’m actually shocked that the developers didn’t even respond to it. I thought those with ship shops got royalties, but they don‘t even get an exclusive cosmetic? How are we going to stop this? It’s clear they use the credits to sell for real money, at some times outright confusing new players with how much credits are worth, charging $40 USD for 1 million, which not only is against the TOS, but outright overpriced. This all bugs me, what’s the current state of Frozenbyte doing stuff about it?

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
We posted an announcement about this on our Discord, I realize now we should have also posted this here on the forums as well. Sorry about that!

I'll paste the post here:
In order to create a fair gameplay environment for everyone, we are constantly investigating exploits and cheats that are reported to us. Thank you for your hard work and diligence on reporting these issues!

Last week we posted about cheats which had many of you concerned. At the moment we have patched in fixes to prevent most of the known exploits from being used, and we will continue to do so moving forward. Our system is configured to find out the most aggressive offenders and offences, and we will deal with them accordingly. Actions taken can include deletion of in-game assets, in-game bans and company disbanding. At this point, more than 10 billion credits worth of assets related to exploitative behaviour have been destroyed, closer to 100 players have been permanently banned, and three companies have been disbanded with a complete wipe of their assets. We know there are still some cheaters at large, and we will keep tracking them down and wiping all assets gained by exploits.

We encourage everyone to report to us any exploits and other findings that could be relevant, and not use them themselves to avoid possible punishments. We have done very thorough investigation on these cases so far and any punishments that have been dealt have not been made lightly. If you feel that there has been a misunderstanding, please contact us at community@frozenbyte.com

These measures are to ensure all players can have a pleasant and fair journey in the Starbase universe. Thank you for understanding, and if you have any questions you can contact us at community@frozenbyte.com.
I apologize that the post was missed by us, and that it seemed like we were not paying attention to the issue.

FLMNAG

Learned-to-sprint endo
1631201672833.png

Russians are still selling assets on funpay.
EpicNPC got a good slap with the ban wave

It would be wise to buy the minimum amount of credit from these Russians to get their nickname and ban them as soon as possible

I don’t have a Russian bank account, I can’t help you...

Good luck to the developers, and kill them all! For the Empire!

1631201925144.png

User Juded had an asset of 100 million CR a week ago...

Last edited:

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
We posted an announcement about this on our Discord, I realize now we should have also posted this here on the forums as well. Sorry about that!

I'll paste the post here:

I apologize that the post was missed by us, and that it seemed like we were not paying attention to the issue.
Thats good! Is there any plan to give anything to ship shop designers any commissions or an exclusive cosmetic or discord role?

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
View attachment 3166
The Russians are still selling assets on funpay.

EpicNPC took a good slap in the face with the wave of ban

It would be wise to buy the minimum amount of credit to these Russians to have their nickname and ban them as soon as possible

I don’t have a Russian bank account, I can’t help you

Good luck dev, and kill them all ! For the Empire !

View attachment 3167
Great find!!!!! I hope we can stop IRL trading before its to late. Once a game has enough IRL trading the community just accepts it and the developers have no choice or loose their community. I’m glad my post has helped!