WE NEED TO CLAIM TROPHIES IN PVP!!

Venombrew

Master endo
OKAY! So this feature is not a new one in video games at all but it is a fun one none the less and suits a game like starbase to the T. We need trophies of our conquered enemies! Diablo 2 we could take the ears of our fallen enemies, it would have their name and level on it and more of a bragging right. In Starbase we could use this for tons of reasons, specially with how the CV works per player. But with the open freedom as how other games handle a bounty system whether its player implemented or dev it really rounds out well for bounty hunting and bragging rights.

Scenario 1: My company conveys keep getting hit over and over by a crew of pirates. It is starting to get costly or a damage to my ego, either way its motivation enough to have something done about it. I could hire a crew of hunters and pay them to hunt down the problem and having something like Dog Tags, Endo Serial Number, Etc., with the players name and any other info as proof of kill. Better than screenshot, as an excellent level of RP to the game that a lot of players will get into.

Scenario 2: My company is at war with another company. Kill on Sight is the order from both parties, and as this war has stretched on, claiming dog tags and being able to hang them up as trophies in your lot brings a new element of play to it. Its not a major thing but is very enjoyable when you can prove a kill with a trophy to present.

This is me spit balling an idea that is already around in games and with Starbase's CV tracking wars and battles, jobs, ranks, factions, etc. and why not bounties? This is a feature that won't be ground breaking but a small element that works for both the PVP players and the Rp players.

Everybody loves a bounty hunter! Lets find a way to make this a legit career with cool features to back it up!

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
I'm pretty sure the devs said they're close to giving us the ability to bolt enemy endo parts to our ships. When? Soon. Soon. Soon.

Venombrew

Master endo
that will be sweet but i really would love some sorta of trophy item you can loot or added to your CV for proof of kill. If we had that, such as a dog tag, or an Endo Serial number, bounty hunter jobs would be a legit career in starbase. And i personally love the idea of decorating my Lot(s) with the Trophy Kills of my enemies. Or if you running a legit bounty hunting career in the game, how cool would it be to walk into his lot area and see tons of trophies from his kills decorating his lot. I would definitely take that guy a bit more serious when it came to hiring a merc or hunter.

Love to have the CV setup to where it could track the difference between just a player kill vs a bounty kill.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
We don't have bouties yet, but I think we can expect them to be in by the time of EA launch, they don't seem too complicated to implement.

Venombrew

Master endo
if the devs dont do it, i totally see players coming up with their own network of bounties and wanted players info. Our CV can be utilized so many ways. In fact if a company wanted to issue bounties, arrests or w/e, our basic info of our CV will come in handy on that.

DUDE, how cool would that be to walk through a player or even empire/kingdom space station and see your CV profile being advertised like a wanted poster on different ad signs in the station! Or even just info on your small crew of pirates labeling your Company as Wanted, Fugitives, Industrial Terrorists, etc.

So much potential.

Think of Apex Legends when they show the players in the lead on those AD Screens throughout the match.

XenoCow

Master endo
A wanted list and place for players to place bounties is one of the things that my group (see signature) is for. I still need to advertise way more and make it much clearer what players should be doing when they first show up in the discord, but you are very right about player(s) making a bounty network!

Venombrew

Master endo
That is cool, and how cooler would it be if you could actually claim a dog tag, serial number, or anything other than a screenshot to prove your kill. If i was to hire your guys, i would feel so much more confident in the fact you could bring something physical back to me to show your kill before payment is received.

You could always bring back their head, but i dont think the head is gonna tell me who it is or anything when moused over. So technically you could take anyone's head and claim it as the bounty, but i wouldn't pay for a non-confirmed kill and neither will most, so a proof method would be nice.

XenoCow

Master endo
You could always bring back their head, but i dont think the head is gonna tell me who it is or anything when moused over. So technically you could take anyone's head and claim it as the bounty, but i wouldn't pay for a non-confirmed kill and neither will most, so a proof method would be nice.
I agree, I think that heads should have the original owner's username somehow attached to them.