We need tow and reassembly tickets -ASAP- YESTERDAY.

Aha

Veteran endo
Dear developers, you broke all our ships! Not just with the heatsinks but also the (not anymore) pulsing mining lasers!
It's okay! BUT we need you to respect our time if you want us to spend time in your game enjoying your game so we can tell others that the game is good.
We need an easy and fast way to rebuild our ships. Many of us have 50-100 or even more ships. Some are stranded because of the new heat mechanics and don't you dare to say "tHeY cAn sTiLL oPeRAte". NO! Flying 3 m/s even from only 300 km is absolutely not operating considering the fact that YOU the developers broke the ship.
Again, it's okay, the game is under development, and things change. BUT we need you to respect our time! (yes I know I said that already).

We need(ed already with the patch update) immediately:

-Every existing ship prior to the update those aren't stored in a dev station (like origin) receives a 1 time only free tow ticket no matter where or how far the ships are.

-Every existing ship prior to the update receives a 1 time only free reassembly ticket to reassemble the ship to a chosen blueprint. You only have to pay for extra parts if you don't have them of course. The ship must be fully repaired before being able to use the special reassembly ticket.

(don't forget about fast travel cores, material cost upon reassembly to be refunded)

DivineEvil

Well-known endo
Um... why do you think you deserve a means to recover all your ship wherever and in what state they might be, when you already have the access to them and can install the heatsinks on them to restore their function? The pulsing laseres themselves were broken, so fixing it is not something that can be called "breaking". Asking for handouts to tell others you like the game is dishonest.

You have no idea how many ships other people has, and if you for some reason have 50+ of them, its your problem. Every single of those ships that are located outside of Origin can be manually updated with heatsinks. It does not require towing these ships anywhere.

Reaasembly ticket make no sense. You can already repair any ship to one of its blueprints for the price of the missing items. Fast Travel Cores can be salvaged using the new tool.

Aha

Veteran endo
Um... why do you think you deserve a means to recover all your ship wherever and in what state they might be when you already have the access to them and can install the heatsinks on them to restore their function? The pulsing laseres themselves were broken, so fixing it is not something that can be called "breaking". Asking for handouts to tell others you like the game is dishonest.
I obviously deserve the means to recover all my ships since NON OF THEM are in working condition because of the developers. You talk in terms like the game is fully finished and recovering some ships those I couldn't anyway matter. No, it doesn't matter, disrespecting people's time and forcing them to go out and install heatsinks and even just installing heatsinks 1 by 1 in all stored ships matters, and it's terrible.
Whether the pulsing lasers themselves were broken or not, it was a thing, and a big thing, and many if not most of the mining ships were designed accordingly, many of them need now a FULL REWORK.
Handouts? What handouts? Again, you talk like the game is fully finished.

You have no idea how many ships other people have, and if you for some reason have 50+ of them, its your problem.
YOU have no idea, sure. I have a very good idea of how many ships other people have. :)

Every single of those ships that is located outside of Origin can be manually updated with heatsinks. It does not require towing these ships anywhere.
Yea... No... I and others built ships fully functioning and the developers broke them. No, i don't want to spend hours and hours and days and days to fix what they broke. I'm not alone, not at all. This is not fun to do, having access to my functioning ships to explore the new content that we got SO LATE would be fun.
Get out of here.

Reaasembly ticket make no sense. You can already repair any ship to one of its blueprints for the price of the missing items. Fast Travel Cores can be salvaged using the new tool.
What? No, that doesn't help at all. We need to be able to rework a blueprint once, and then just update all our ships. No, I have no fun spending the time nor do most of the people. Wonder why people leave shortly after again after coming back to the game? Because they have been disrespected by broken ships without means of easy updating.

You talk in terms of not wanting people to play this game, you talk in terms of being happy with 200-300 people playing the game which will be the case within a month again after all the returning players rage quit.

I asked these tickets to be possible to use only ONCE EVER on every already existing ship. Just a special care to help people adjust.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Dear developers, you broke all our ships! Not just with the heatsinks but also the (not anymore) pulsing mining lasers!
It's okay! BUT we need you to respect our time if you want us to spend time in your game enjoying your game so we can tell others that the game is good.
We need an easy and fast way to rebuild our ships. Many of us have 50-100 or even more ships. Some are stranded because of the new heat mechanics and don't you dare to say "tHeY cAn sTiLL oPeRAte". NO! Flying 3 m/s even from only 300 km is absolutely not operating considering the fact that YOU the developers broke the ship.
Again, it's okay, the game is under development, and things change. BUT we need you to respect our time! (yes I know I said that already).

We need(ed already with the patch update) immediately:

-Every existing ship prior to the update those aren't stored in a dev station (like origin) receives a 1 time only free tow ticket no matter where or how far the ships are.

-Every existing ship prior to the update receives a 1 time only free reassembly ticket to reassemble the ship to a chosen blueprint. You only have to pay for extra parts if you don't have them of course. The ship must be fully repaired before being able to use the special reassembly ticket.

(don't forget about fast travel cores, material cost upon reassembly to be refunded)
Dude, you are so entitled. Calm down. You act as if you are doing the devs a favor by playin the game, as if you were dragged into the game against your will or something with all this manipulative theatrics you got going on. The devs aren’t your *****, get over yourself. They ain’t going to beg you to stay. They also gave plenty of warning when these mechanics were in testing on the ptu. That was the time when you should have grabbed your ships and brought them to a station before the update hit. It’s not their fault you ignored the game until now.

Last edited:

Aha

Veteran endo
Dude, you are so entitled. Calm down. You act as if you are doing the devs a favor by playin the game, as if you were dragged into the game against your will or something with all this manipulative theatrics you got going on. The devs aren’t your *****, get over yourself. They ain’t going to beg you to stay. They also gave plenty of warning when these mechanics were in testing on the ptu. It’s not their fault you ignored the game until now.
200 players.

J.D.

Veteran endo
View attachment 4573
Except you never even had an argument, your first comment was straight to insult. Oh dear.
mad because I’m right. Regardless of the state of the game, you come into this forum as if you deserved to be bowed to. As if the devs are your slaves. The words you chose to state your case with expressed to me alot of narcissism. And as I said before, if you payed any attention to the updates, you would have saw this coming. There are a bunch of people in this community who just are abusive to the developers. It’s annoying, and counterproductive. Not fast enough, not good enough, etc. cracking the whip constantly. Feed back is one thing. But, this type stuff is just ridiculous

Last edited:

Aha

Veteran endo
mad because I’m right. Regardless of the state of the game, you come into this forum as if you deserved to be bowed to. As if the devs are your slaves. The words you chose to state your case with expressed to me alot of narcissism. And as I said before, if you payed any attention to the updates, you would have saw this coming. There are a bunch of people in this community who just are abusive to the developers. It’s disgusting. Not fast enough, not good enough, etc. cracking the whip constantly
Well, okay, I am salty, yes. I wrote demanding rather than suggesting, yes. The reason for that is because they show that they are 100% incompetent to bring Starbase to success and its such a waste. It is easy to criticize and say I could have done everything better, I'm aware of that, however, there were several mind-blowingly stupid decisions made, for example launching the game with never tested EBM.
You might not see it but updating the game with this patch without something like I'm suggesting here is the same enormously stupid move.
Remember, 200 players.

I made this post to highlight a huge problem, you should be discussing my suggestion and not my personality. You render yourself to be worse than what you think/claim me to be. And that's an undeniable fact. You transformed the discussion into an insulting fest. THAT is disgusting. ;)

Last edited:

J.D.

Veteran endo
Well, okay, I am salty, yes. I wrote demanding rather than suggesting, yes. The reason for that is because they show that they are 100% incompetent to bring Starbase to success and its such a waste. It is easy to criticize and say I should have done everything better, I'm aware of that, however, there were several mind-blowingly stupid decisions made, for example launching the game with never tested EBM.
You might not see it but updating the game with this patch without something like I'm suggesting here is the same enormously stupid move.
Remember, 200 players.

I made this post to highlight a huge problem, you should be discussing my suggestion and not my personality. You render yourself to be worse than what you think/claim me to be. And that's an undeniable fact. You transformed the discussion into an insulting fest. THAT is disgusting. ;)
If that were my intention, I’d agree with you. But, yea, there are definitely problems, but most of us don’t know why exactly they exist. Just bad decisions? Maybe. Maybe something else we all don’t know anything about. Because we don’t know all the ins and outs of running Frozenbyte, and developing a video game. I’m passionate for the game though. I want to be supportive, instead of applying anything negative towards the development. I’d like to see them supported positively, especially while they are down right now. Seems like they might have had an investor in the game that was big time impacted by the Eastern conflict.

Last edited:

Vexus

Master endo
Everyone is in the same boat regarding heat mechanics. You want special treatment. Game is about player effort meaning something in the game universe; not getting free tows and tickets and so on. This is a sandbox; you now have a problem to solve. How you solve it reflects on you as a gamer. If you cannot solve this problem, you should join with someone who can. This issue is not hard to fix temporarily to get ships moving, and you can salvage all your ships into raw resources now if you don't want to bother refitting them. And of course, you can always dismantle your ships and re-use the parts. There's a lot of gameplay to be had now, thanks to the devs.

I obviously deserve the means to recover all my ships since NON OF THEM are in working condition
There is adequate gameplay which allows you the means to recover all your ships. Perhaps you just want it to be easy, instead of through gameplay? I think you can do it. That's a big part of what Starbase is about. Finding solutions to complex problems.

Aha

Veteran endo
Everyone is in the same boat regarding heat mechanics. You want special treatment. Game is about player effort meaning something in the game universe; not getting free tows and tickets and so on. This is a sandbox; you now have a problem to solve. How you solve it reflects on you as a gamer. If you cannot solve this problem, you should join with someone who can. This issue is not hard to fix temporarily to get ships moving, and you can salvage all your ships into raw resources now if you don't want to bother refitting them. And of course, you can always dismantle your ships and re-use the parts. There's a lot of gameplay to be had now, thanks to the devs.

There is adequate gameplay which allows you the means to recover all your ships. Perhaps you just want it to be easy, instead of through gameplay? I think you can do it. That's a big part of what Starbase is about. Finding solutions to complex problems.
The problem with this is you and others like you treat the game as finished. According to you, this is the intended gameplay. So... we should be expecting ever and forever ship breaking updates because this is what Starbase is about, fixing our ships broken by developers - according to you. I'm sorry but this argument is extremely retarded. It really is!
No this isn't the "gameplay to be had now, thanks to the devs." Not at all.
No, I and many others don't want to recover any ships broken by developers. I want developers to give me an easy way to fix what THEY broke, just once. I don't really have any ships to recover, to be honest. However, I do know people with ships out there. My absolute personal problem is the numerous ships that I have to update, many of them would need hours/ship to rebuild, this is no gameplay, this is unnecessary torture. This drives away returning players.
Salvage... sure, in the future id be happy to do with any ship I no longer need. As of now, for this update JUST ONCE, id rather have the option to reassemble into the updated blueprint I have done. Or at least get a possibility to disassemble with a push of a button, just now, just once, because of the ship braking update. Get people going, get people playing, no need for unnecessary torture, there is real gameplay to have.
Stop treating the game as a finished product, we are beta testing here.

Last edited:

Foraven

Veteran endo
There was some talks about being able to chose a BP of our choice when applying repair to a ship, charging us with the difference in cost. I wonder if it is still worked on...

DivineEvil

Well-known endo
All I have to repeat is that you can yourself reach the ship wherever it is and just add heatsinks, so I don't see a point of handing any tickets in a game That Is In Fact not finished, meaning that players coming via an Early Access title has to realize stuff might not work perfectly or reliably anywhere, losses of value due to bugs is an unfortunate part of the stage, and changes to the game can affect the gameplay. Heatsink udapte was announced in advance and tested on PTU, and if you have so many ships stored that you can't manage them in any similar situation, then its kinda your own problem to address. Ships that you're not really using should be converted into more liquid form like credits.

Aha

Veteran endo
There was some talks about being able to chose a BP of our choice when applying repair to a ship, charging us with the difference in cost. I wonder if it is still worked on...
That would be awesome, would solve my personal problem. About the difference cost, you should be able to precraft the parts to minimize or even nullify the cost of the difference.

All I have to repeat is that you can yourself reach the ship wherever it is and just add heatsinks, so I don't see a point of handing any tickets in a game That Is In Fact not finished, meaning that players coming via an Early Access title has to realize stuff might not work perfectly or reliably anywhere, losses of value due to bugs is an unfortunate part of the stage, and changes to the game can affect the gameplay. Heatsink udapte was announced in advance and tested on PTU, and if you have so many ships stored that you can't manage them in any similar situation, then its kinda your own problem to address. Ships that you're not really using should be converted into more liquid form like credits.
My point here is that this is unnecessarily punishing players who are already fed up with tasks taking way too much time. People didn't like the long boring traveling times. Now they have to do an extra tour that they shouldn't have to. And who knows how many times. It would help the game tremendously if they would respect the player's times. They actually made changes in the game exactly for this reason, to stop wasting people's time. It is just sensical to give them a break, let them just tow their ships in, get it fixed and go out and play.
You must understand that there are casual players. You want to force hardcore time spending on EVERYBODY for ANYTHING POSSIBLE. That is not good. It is the opposite of good, it is game-killing behavior. This kind of attitude what you share with the developers is a big factor for the game to fail keeping people to play the game and is why there are no sales and now even slower development. Please stop!

shado20

Veteran endo
my group has lots of ships around in different places, we are having little to no problem fixing the industrial ships. that may not look the best but they work. we are not that worried about this as we have some new improved industrial ships being worked on at the moment. the fighting ships are well, throwaway mindset ships. we will just make more after working it in the ssc. the only problem was the first ship, with almost no money, and no minerals, we had to n00b it for a sec.

Kenetor

Master endo
just print a small fast shuttle, bolt some extra heatsinks to it and go bring them back, why do you find this so hard?
we had a pretty long notice this was coming, I upgraded 20 ships with heatsinks before the patch had dropped.

As for pulsing lasers, well that was a bug that was gonna get fixed eventually but you chose to use, a simple fix here is reduce the amount of lasers, boom your ship still works now.

Lastly, they have stepped away from the game, there is most likely no one to answer your tickets, the game is on life support, coming here and ordering them to do stuff just makes you look stupid and wont get you anywhere.
YOU can solve all YOUR problems, in game, right now, with what we already have. go a little further and make a capital ship and you can go pick up all 50 of your stranded ships EASY!

Vexus

Master endo
you treat the game as finished. According to you, this is the intended gameplay. So... we should be expecting ever and forever ship breaking updates
Yeah I do; I play what is currently available. Whatever is available is the gameplay I have. I cannot play intended gameplay that does not exist. I can only play actualized gameplay.

Your issue comes from the word "expecting" in your second quoted sentence. There was a lot of news and so on about heat mechanics before the update landed. You did not expect it - you weren't paying attention - so anything the devs do that you don't like will probably be met with your same demand for special treatment.

I did not know about the heat mechanics as I have been away from the game for quite some time. After reading the patch notes, I just slapped 4 heatsinks onto ships and now things work. I never had an overheat issue. Now... not everyone will read the patch notes and expect there to be something different. That is fine...

But now you can salvage your ships down to nothing and so on. There's now some way to handle all the ships you no longer need or don't want or don't want to fix. Or bolt a few heatsinks on for now until you figure something out. You have lots of gameplay to help you here and I hope you look at it from that perspective, because all we get is the current gameplay. Online multiplayer games change all the time, and that's to be expected; yes, even completely game-changing changes can come through at any time, though, they're often done with lots of notice, just like these heat mechanics.

I sincerely think you should try a different perspective, because whatever made you enjoy having so many ships that this is a big issue for you, is still in the game. This is just another mechanic - headed towards radiation/tracking/player location and other mechanics - that was needed to remove the "heat" mechanic from being integrated into only certain ship parts with no system behind it that can be used elsewhere. It's an awesome step in the right direction. So get used to it sooner and build more ships. Each moment complaining is a bolt not yet unbolted.