What are the Discord limits, I seem to have been blocked from posting

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
I can't seem to post messages on the discord server anymore, My text comes up as red or sometimes grey followed by a popup asking me to slow down and to enter the chill zone.
This does not make sense to me because I fell I post much less then others and don't feel I have said anything that would be worthy of a ban.

So is there a limit on the Discord server like number of messages per hour/day? and if you hit that what is the cooling off time?

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
I waited and a restarted a few times and it it working again, I think it was a Discord issue.
Before I first restarted my messages where red, Then post restart they were sending as grey'ed out or red(but not being seen) or not sending and I get a popup.
I tried sending direct messages to to some of the online channel mods but they appeared to not get through. I could still post in other servers and read messages fine.
Ended up restarting a number of times and waiting more then an hour and it came good after the last reboot. It seems very odd to me that I would have been rate limited as I only send about 20 messages per hours and I see other users are doing about 10 messages per minute without issues.

dusty

That's not rate limiting. Discord was experiencing some difficulties earlier today.

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
For a while I thought your were snobbing me Dusty, but then started to suspect discord when after a reboot all history of the messages I sent you disappeared.