What is Frozenbytes stance on applications like ReShade?

Lukas04

Active endo
Been interested in this question recently, since i wanted to try and see if through ReShade i can make the games color pallete a bit more appealing to me.
Though obviously, this is an online-game and i could imagine it being a no-go just for that fact alone.

MyrddinE

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Nobody replied, and I'm not a dev, but I'd like to note that it's unlikely anyone would object; gamma and color correction are client preferences. They can often be done right in the display driver's settings. So while any client-side alteration of the running code could trip up automated cheat protection (which I don't think Starbase has right now), it's unlikely to be objected to by human auditing.

Venombrew

Master endo
Nobody replied, and I'm not a dev, but I'd like to note that it's unlikely anyone would object; gamma and color correction are client preferences. They can often be done right in the display driver's settings. So while any client-side alteration of the running code could trip up automated cheat protection (which I don't think Starbase has right now), it's unlikely to be objected to by human auditing.
i totally agree with you on this, many games allow extreme modification of the appearance for the players, like in WoW i had redesigned my entire UI to look nothing like what the game originally had, that included new designed frames and color changes. In elderscrolls online, i am able to import my own sounds into the game, so when my Dragonknight uses his chain hook, he screams out "Get over here". Im the only one that can hear the audio i changed but thats because its a personal preference.

Lot of companies actually give an extreme amount of open control of the games appearance to be customized by player preference. Even more so by those that encourage addon mods.

@Venombrew digging up 5 month old posts now are we?
And all just becourse we are bored that we can no longer scream at each other, now that Aha hasnt hit us with a new idea in a week...

Venombrew

Master endo
@Lionard Freezer lol, honestly tho it was so close to the top of the list on the forum i didnt see it was this old. but i did have info and experience on the subject so i figure i throw it out since only one person ever gave an answer.