What will be the server size?

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I believe that large servers would be a good idea, since a lot of the big factions are multiple hundred strong, and it would be fun to have major, large scale space battles. Unfortunately, processing power is an issue, so I think that servers might only have a small number slots each. But I would still like to know, what will be a reasonable average server size?

Croomar

Learned-to-sprint endo
The devs have already confirmed that Starbase is a single-shard MMO, meaning all players will play on a single, centralized server-cluster. Connection is handled over p2p to a large degree, so server capacity is a limited issue. There is no player cap or slot limits.

Guedez

Learned-to-sprint endo
p2p over the server-cluster or p2p with players sending data too?
I am quite paranoid over any important decisions being made in a user machine at any time for any reason. This usually leads to cheating

Atreties

Veteran endo
p2p over the server-cluster or p2p with players sending data too?
I am quite paranoid over any important decisions being made in a user machine at any time for any reason. This usually leads to cheating
We don't know their tech. Its proprietary. They may answer some high level questions, but they likely wont give heavy detail.

It remains to be seen how much they will be able prevent cheating, and how much this sytem enables or hinders it.

If it helps, the devs are very aware of this potential issue and arent ignoring it.