Where would you place Kingdom and Empire HQ?

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
Most people I have spoken to over the last year lament that there were never Kingdom and Empire stations added to the game to visit.

If you could decide, where would you place these faction HQ stations, and what would you do with them to make them worth visiting?

Askannon

Veteran endo
I would like them to be placed in a way that gives reason to fly by Markka.

And in terms of visiting... you could have a recruitment center (or something) that gives you access to an Insurance Transfer Point (or an actual teleport with no future limitation on inventory transfer) to the respective HQ if you are "enlisting" in a sense.

And how to make them worth:
More and different ways of making money
Access to faction ships (maybe like a company ship list)
Systems that are tracking something (reputation/karma/standing/renown/enemies killed)
Scheduled sieges against the enemy factions' NPC-stations and -moonbases (no player station was hurt during this idea) And if one faction is pushed back too much only the pushed back one can attack... "because the other stations are too well hidden" :b or any other explanation
Mining Operations/Raids on a section of space where for the duration of the event out of place material (like zone 4 material in zone 2) replaces the generated asteroids (or a Titan asteroid becomes minable). Essentially a reason for both factions to have people at a given location at once and to possibly fight over it.
Access to buying/crafting faction specific variations of already existing parts (though I don't know how this would work with what they mentioned about player factions)

Askannon

Veteran endo
two is easy to balance.
and there is, in theory the option to not go with either.

And if they still have the plan to eventually have player factions it is not really advisable to spread players too much

The two main factions seem good but alliances could allow multiple companys to work together with similar settings to company ships and the ability to align yourself with Empire/Kingdom if either faction thinks your company/alliance meets their standards and morals.

Base locations is tough because while i have my bias already that doesnt change much here both factions need to be in a good position to be able to in general play the game but likely also built to see combat and launch a lot of fighters or larger ships so they'd have to be somewhat equal in their HQ locations.

a contested third station would be a good idea to be sieged at regular intervals perhaps giving control over the gate in some way or just providing a strategic/economic advantage, imagine being able to charge tax or change the safezone size, the point is that the faction gets to make SOME decisions to affect a region they control, I would expect the two factions to have pretty standard behavior with these periods of occupation, Battling it out for their HQ's could also provide some negatives while i don't think a faction should be able to permanently lose their HQ i do think it getting destroyed or "defeated" could simply deny them acess to that station for x amount of days and perhaps any additional benefits it provided for the region/faction.

all in all i failed to answer your question OP as i have literally no idea where they should go lol.

Foraven

Veteran endo
Actual members of those factions would be in a better position to say where they should be... If any are left playing. But now that we have capital ships and gates, they could be anywhere in the moon system. However I think being on opposite side of EOS could do just fine. Maybe add a few gates so there is a quick way to reach either HQs. Then there could be a few stations in-between that could end up being contested.

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
I like the idea of being able to insurance transfer to the HQ you are enlisted with. I supposed there would need to be a minimum enlistment period to make the decision meaningful (a month?).

Personally I'd be happy to see the Origin reduced to three stations. Origin Neutral (where everyone starts), Origin Kingdom and Origin Empire, which would be the stations you could enlist at (but not be the HQ stations).

As to there being more factions than two, I think the original vision was that one day players would be able to form their own factions from multiple companies. But as a starting point there needs to be some basic structure from the two developer factions. It's pretty obvious that most players need some structured gameplay.