Will main hubs ever get completed?

I’ve seen videos and pics of the main hub and it looks unfinished. I was just curious if it will ever finish into a full space station with the players help through the tutorial jobs or is it just going to be a static start location? I think it would be really good if you could do jobs and watch the base build over time.

HarrisonB1210

Learned-to-sprint endo
The majority of it seem to consist of rental lots. So as more players join I imagine more will start renting those, build on them, and help flesh out the station.
Yeah that would seem logical, but if a player goes offline does the plot stay there? or does it just disappear and when you log back on it is in a new spot at the station?

Yeah that would seem logical, but if a player goes offline does the plot stay there? or does it just disappear and when you log back on it is in a new spot at the station?
It stays for as long as he pays the rent, dont know how it works in detail with graceperiod / paid by timelimit and lot removal but you gotta pay a amount of credits per day to keep it (think its ~40-50k a day for a large lot?)

Kibbles

Active endo
I think it would be really good if you could do jobs and watch the base build over time.
I think the main idea is that when the main station gets full, people will have to look to other stations for lots and possibly have to go to a faction station to get their own lot. I think this will add some interesting plays to the game as stations compete to have the best prices and you could possibly have sub-letters in the main station.

That would be a super interesting concept of sub-letting. If you build your own station, I wonder if they will let you put lots into it so you can rent them out yourself and make a profit.

Subletting your plot could be a really interesting mechanic, maybe also a need if the starting station get swamped in the start, alot of people want the profitability of the starting players and ease of access

Kibbles

Active endo
Subletting your plot could be a really interesting mechanic, maybe also a need if the starting station get swamped in the start, alot of people want the profitability of the starting players and ease of access
Yeah, exactly. Or maybe the main hub is where all the huge businesses reside as it's too expensive for new players and it could be a battle between factions to have the best shop and items for sale.