Wondering If we will get into starbase?

Me and many of my friends who have signed up for the closed access are stoked to be able to play this fun game Or so we thought (Maybe) The reason I Say Maybe is because we don't get any updates on our discussion post or anything to do with our alpha sign up we just apply then poof you wait and just want to gouge your brains out with the stress (Will I be able to play the game? Will I Be denied a once in a lifetime chance to play such a game? Will I have to wait 2 years before I can enjoy this game?) Why don't we get updates on our responses Frostbyte why?

Keep in mind there’s a lot of people to go through and they aren’t going off of the responses only just yet. Currently the CA testers are hand picked by the developers but there will be many more waves to come. To take your mind off of it, I suggest you watch content posted by testers on YouTube or watch live on twitch.

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
The devs are playing it slow and safe.
Introducing small incremental waves it allows them to closely monitor how those players play and identify bugs early on, they can then patch those bugs and then monitor the next wave play the same part of the game.
A good example of this is the early jobs (grind) in the station that players need to do until they have the cash to buy their first ship, There were a number of bugs and exploits found with this so I imaging they are going to want to fix these then monitor what the next wave does while playing this part of the game. This part of the game fairly important as if players are not hooked and are turned off the game in the first few hours and not persevere leading to loosing then as a player (with in turn can turn off other players). As only new players would play early game grind with players that have progressed past this point rarely going back and replaying it you would needs fresh waves each time you need to retest it correctly (the alternative to fresh waves is server wipes and that is a quick way to upset and loose players).

Also when managing a product/server it is much easier with less players, If you have to reboot the server or do some major changes you are only going to affect a small handful of players, if you have to do a server wipe you also are only going to affect a small number of players (relative to potential number of players that want into CA). As you start allowing more people into the CA devs have to start shifting time from developing new features to bug fixing and support (you will see this with most EA games).
If you feel left out of the CA just note that there are about 28 thousand users just in the discord server alone and most want CA access and more joining daily.

I saw they let in a mega-corp group with a few of those dudes having 1-10 message on discord and 0 on the forums.
So I'm guessing their message system is flooded with bot's trying to get keys for just the single corp alone. (as I don't understand why they people with only 10 message on discord had not been vetted).
so again kinda wonder maybe few dev's just gave up and sent keys out without vetting. maybe we'll see our first ban wave soon :D
But to my point....if they dont vet people they really will be a good old long time before we can play.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
I saw they let in a mega-corp group with a few of those dudes having 1-10 message on discord and 0 on the forums.
So I'm guessing their message system is flooded with bot's trying to get keys for just the single corp alone. (as I don't understand why they people with only 10 message on discord had not been vetted).
so again kinda wonder maybe few dev's just gave up and sent keys out without vetting. maybe we'll see our first ban wave soon :D
But to my point....if they dont vet people they really will be a good old long time before we can play.
Yeah I'm still not sure how or why those guys got in, maybe devs have a reason, maybe they don't, but they do seem to not mention it anywhere and even sort of shush some people who talk about it.

I think the devs just let everyone that was suggested in (testers had a channel where we could suggest people to be a tester) so some people just suggested their friends and faction members. Keep in mind that message count doesn’t always equate to how much the person deserves to be a tester, and some people could have done great contributions in other SB servers.

Killer_Rabbit

Veteran endo
Also it seems like everyone that has a youtube channel that even discussed starbase ages ago was allowed in even though they said youtube channels wouldn't be priority like I don't really care about who gets priority but I think openness on the CA selection process would be nice

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
They have said that they select those that are active in the community, I suspect they use the bots on the Discord server to list most active users. I also wouldn't be surprised if the users are chosen possible weeks before the waves are announced.
But saying that I have been active on 6 Discord servers (2 official), this forum, the wiki, facebook, youtube, twitch for over a year and have not received an invite yet. Understandable there are thousands that want into the CA and only a small percent are in currently but I am finding it hard myself to be active in the community now days as I feel like one of the only ones not in the CA and have very little to contribute compared to those with access.

They have said that they select those that are active in the community, I suspect they use the bots on the Discord server to list most active users. I also wouldn't be surprised if the users are chosen possible weeks before the waves are announced.
But saying that I have been active on 6 Discord servers (2 official), this forum, the wiki, facebook, youtube, twitch for over a year and have not received an invite yet. Understandable there are thousands that want into the CA and only a small percent are in currently but I am finding it hard myself to be active in the community now days as I feel like one of the only ones not in the CA and have very little to contribute compared to those with access.
How is there more than one official discord servers?

"They have said that they select those that are active in the community "
there a few on the discord with 0 message, and no starbase forum account.
It's those that got in that bother me...

I really should start putting together my software tester profile for gaming next...maybe that would help me get in more. lol.

Glux

Active endo
I just wish people who have access fill out more info about the game on the wiki. So much time, I would have had to fill out everything I could for the community. But hey, well let the kid who just joined a month ago, stay put in his ship editor, and not even stream or post anything about the game. Doing good. ;)

Me and many of my friends who have signed up for the closed access are stoked to be able to play this fun game Or so we thought (Maybe) The reason I Say Maybe is because we don't get any updates on our discussion post or anything to do with our alpha sign up we just apply then poof you wait and just want to gouge your brains out with the stress (Will I be able to play the game? Will I Be denied a once in a lifetime chance to play such a game? Will I have to wait 2 years before I can enjoy this game?) Why don't we get updates on our responses Frostbyte why?
Luckily it's set to release in 2020, So no 2 years!!! (Thank Space!) But yes, I think a lot of us share your intense lack of patience, and I mean that in the best way!

I just wish people who have access fill out more info about the game on the wiki. So much time, I would have had to fill out everything I could for the community. But hey, well let the kid who just joined a month ago, stay put in his ship editor, and not even stream or post anything about the game. Doing good. ;)
Maybe but that kid who's sitting for hours in the ship editor could be reporting all sorts of bugs in the editor for the devs to fix which is the true purpose of the CA. I too would love to have more info/streams/vids about the game but that isn't the main purpose for the CA and we are lucky the devs even allow it cause quite a few games don't allow streaming/recording anything in a alpha.

My opinion is, that with each big update of the closed alpha, they invite more new players. The selection criteria are not important, because the beta is getting closer every day. And beta means .... Early Access. Ta daaa.