World position/ Мировые координаты [EN/RU]

[RU]-----------------------------------------------------------

Мне было очень лень доносить свою мысль, обдумывая перевод самостоятельно, по этому я просто прогнал его через переводчик.

Я не знал куда было бы лучше поместить этот пост.

Моя идея такова:
Я собираюсь сделать что-то похожее на "центр мира". В моей теории "центр мира" - это база или же арендованный квадрат, который имеет "сервера"(в действительности просто стойки с YOLOL чипами), которые возвращают значение "мировых координат", относительно центра этого же квадрата. Проще говоря - это просто квадрат, который считается центром мира и имеет кучу датчиков. Координаты могут быть использованы для автоматических дронов. Конечно же во всей этой системе используются антенны и передатчики.

[RU]-----------------------------------------------------------

[EN]-----------------------------------------------------------

I was too lazy to convey my idea, thinking about the translation on my own, so I just ran it through the translator.

I didn't know where to put this post.

My idea is:
I'm going to do something like "center of the world." In my theory, the "center of the world" is a base or a rented square that has "servers"(in fact, just racks with YOLOL chips) that return the value of "world coordinates" relative to the center of the same square. Simply put - it's just a square that is considered the center of the world and has a bunch of sensors. Coordinates can be used for automatic drones. Of course, this whole system uses antennas and transmitters.
[EN]-----------------------------------------------------------

Matrixmage

Learned-to-sprint endo
This system would require a lot of research and development into the technological infrastructure needed to be usable. As I mentioned in your original thread, we in Cylon have been working on that stuff for quite a while.

As for your suggestion, that is fundamentally the same basis as what we're building. Likely, the center of the absolute coordinate system will be the starting megastation, powered by a lot rented there.

This system would require a lot of research and development into the technological infrastructure needed to be usable. As I mentioned in your original thread, we in Cylon have been working on that stuff for quite a while.

As for your suggestion, that is fundamentally the same basis as what we're building. Likely, the center of the absolute coordinate system will be the starting megastation, powered by a lot rented there.
So the theoretical part isn't done yet?

Matrixmage

Learned-to-sprint endo
Realistically, all there is to do at this point is theoretical. Even if we write Yolol to power it, without the ability to test it, I'd still call it theoretical.

That said, we do have a reasonable amount of work done for the project. We've designed the base-level protocol to handle the interaction between nodes as well as some higher-level protocols adding better abstractions, such as static addressing. Overall, the project is still definitely a work-in-progress, but we've definitely made solid efforts towards having it work.

/
Realistically, all there is to do at this point is theoretical. Even if we write Yolol to power it, without the ability to test it, I'd still call it theoretical.

That said, we do have a reasonable amount of work done for the project. We've designed the base-level protocol to handle the interaction between nodes as well as some higher-level protocols adding better abstractions, such as static addressing. Overall, the project is still definitely a work-in-progress, but we've definitely made solid efforts towards having it work.
This question may be offtopic,but I must ask. Is Cylon working on his own network?
And one more question: Do you or the Cylon community know anything about displays and graphics things?

Matrixmage

Learned-to-sprint endo
Yonder is the overall name for the network project. It's also the name for the reference implementation we're planning to have built in-game. So yes, we're working on our own network :p

As for displays and graphics, there's not much we can do with the limited display interfaces that exist in game. We've briefly experimented with some ideas for things, but not much come of it at the time.

Morrgard

Master endo
Very interesting, I'm not sure entirely how the positions & coordinates will work but this looks like a promising idea to create something nice.

Good luck!