YOLOing the cooling rack

Vorg

Well-known endo
I want to limit the use of the cooling rack when the radiator is enough and undamaged. My guess is watch "RadiationRate" and when it reaches 100 or gets very close, start increasing "CoolerUnitRateLimit" towards 100. And When "RadiationRate" drops, decrease "CoolerUnitRateLimit" toward 0?

I came up with this:
[CODE
R=:RadiationRate C=:CoolerUnitRateLimit
ifR>=99 thenif C<100 thenC++ endelse ifR<99 then ifC thenC-- end end
:CoolerUnitRateLimit=C
[/CODE]

but it needs more end's on the second line which would make the line longer then 70

Last edited:

Askannon

Veteran endo
you can cut down the ifR<99 since that is already covered in the else part ifR>=99then else end and the rates are capped at 0 and 100 so it can't go over or lower:
if R>=99 then c++ else c-- end
And if you're really hurting for space look at goto (and maybe test for R<99 and switch THEN and ELSE code)

I think this would do the same thing, with operators adding or subtracting 1 depending on the comparisons.

Code:
:CoolerUnitRateLimit+=:RadiationRate>=99-:RadiationRate<99 goto 1

Vorg

Well-known endo
Not finding enough info from google to understand how that line works. Think I got it, but it's a bit of a brain twister.

Not finding enough info from google to understand how that line works. Think I got it, but it's a bit of a brain twister.
The comparison operators evaluate to either 1 or 0 for true or false.
Take the case for :RadiationRate>=99
The line would read: :CoolerUnitRateLimit+=1-0
In effect, it would add 1 to CoolerUnitRate.
If :RadiationRate<99
:CoolerUnitRateLimit+=0-1
It would subtract 1.

You can do all kinds of shortcuts and cool things by exploiting this. For example, with a button, do
if :Generator then ...
Instead of if :Generator==1 then ...

Last edited:
Can't you simply set the :CoolerUnitRateLimit = ( :RadiationRate-90 ) * 10 ?

Result Examples:

RR= 100 -> URL= 100
RR= 95 -> URL= 50
RR= 90 -> URL= 0

I'm not sure what will happen for values below 90. If it doesnt work, then add a: IF :RadiationRate >=90 THEN.

Vorg

Well-known endo
My original code was trying to watch for it producing numbers over 100 or less then 0 to avoid errors