YOLOL Licence

I tried to find information about it, I hope I didn't miss it.
Is it already decided under which licence the language will be released?
If yes, which licence would that be?

totoro

Learned-to-sprint endo
I'm not sure why you would need or how you would use a license for an in-game programing language.

More than one person has already created complete simulators where you can test out code. FB were kind enough to tell people pretty much every detail so far of how the language works. (such as execution order for dense math statements, how device field updates work)

Check out CYLON to find tools and info, or if you really want to dig into the details. Also the wiki has a complete reference for Yolol, as well as pages for all the ship devices that include device fields with descriptions of their function.

I don’t understand how to use the programming in the game. is there maybe at least some kind of training?

I don’t understand how to use the programming in the game. is there maybe at least some kind of training?
It's pretty simple, you can write program on yolol chip.

FROM https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Devices_and_machines#YOLOL_Chip
The YOLOL chip is a movable container for programmed scripts.
Scripts can be edited by the physical chip interface directly, or by using the universal tool.
The chip is usually placed in a reader, such as the chip socket or device rack.

So, YOLOL is actually inspired by bash, as a simple command language? or there is some object orienting programming in there i didnt see?

What about catching or throwing error as string for instance? Displaying the error lets say on a LED panel or something like that?

Errors

There are two types of errors that can happen with the programming language.

1. Syntax errors
  2. Runtime errors

• Syntax errors come from invalid and unparseable script and will result in the whole line not being executed.
  • Runtime errors are only catchable while the script is being executed. They result in the execution of the line being interrupted, but any effects until the error will remain.
Glory to the wiki :devilish:

Errors

There are two types of errors that can happen with the programming language.

1. Syntax errors
  2. Runtime errors

• Syntax errors come from invalid and unparseable script and will result in the whole line not being executed.
  • Runtime errors are only catchable while the script is being executed. They result in the execution of the line being interrupted, but any effects until the error will remain.
Glory to the wiki :devilish:
yes i read the wiki, although, in programming language, you can still run the whole thing even if there is some synthax error. You create an object of that error and use it to actually show the problem in a string form. Thats why i was asking also if YOLOL as some form of object oriented programming, as it would be doable in that condition, otherwise, maybe not!