Warp Gates: Expansion of the Universe?

Disclaimer: This is purely Speculation until proven other wise on the topic of Warp Gates, Sorry everyone who thought this was legit or took my words seriously.

If what I have heard is Correct, Warp Gates being able to send objects without an end Gate, would it then be possible to construct an shifting Gate that can go through and "open" and connect, or have I completely misunderstood what warp gates can be, ships or purely station constructions? Admittedly I have no idea, If some one does please leave a reference to your source in the comment section below.

If dynamic (Moving ship) Gates are possible, would most likely be of smaller size and shorter possible distance of travel for the initial fold, or perhaps a random de-fold for any ship that passes through in the general area of desired exit.

If Warp Gates are purely station based then the random de-fold would still be interesting, and what would be the limits to the distance that can be achieved with these fixed Gates, and just sending a ship with enough cargo and materials to build the end gate may be a better option, also would having a higher energy cost to the Open Ended Fold be another reason to build an end Gate?

Last edited:
Warp gates will be tied to its station, and therefore, static.
Also, Individual Gates are one-way trips.
I understood the one way trip, was mostly wondering if there will be a random exit, or is it just build and point and be at the desired destination

and ty for your input, i don't know those discord servers so if those are your references would you mind detailing their purpose, that would be much obliged.

I understood the one way trip, was mostly wondering if there will be a random exit, or is it just build and point and be at the desired destination
If warp gates are tied to stations, I doubt that there will be a random exit (even a relatively small one) to prevent ships crashing into the station itself. Also, don't warp gates have to have two "connected" and built gates to move anything between them? I though they were more designed for "translocation" rather than just for a big boost of speed in a given direction, but I could be wrong.

BadNation

Well-known endo
Will we be able to have two warp gate per station? or will we need to find a second station for returning to the original place

If what I have heard is Correct, Warp Gates being able to send objects without an end Gate, would it then be possible to construct an shifting Gate that can go through and "open" and connect, or have I completely misunderstood what warp gates can be, ships or purely station constructions? Admittedly I have no idea, If some one does please leave a reference to your source in the comment section below.

well the gate with out a end can be a thing gust threw speed a obgect up rill fast but in game play its to op and to make it sommmme what fare it woad need to be more real with crashing into rocks in space that are in the way or a planit gust so you can atack the middel of someones fleet

If we (can) have 2 gates on a station oriented in the same direction is it possible to achieve ludicrous speed?

If it is a warp gate, Folding reality and space, or jumping, then hitting any objects along the way won't be an issue, hence why i was curious about the precision of the targeted destination, unless it does require to have two Gates to travel through.

If it is a Hyper Gate then who wants to go Plaid?

although what if both, a Hyper Gate with just one Gate and no other connection, and then a Warp Gate when it is Connected?

Also i have No Idea how the warp gates will work, just heard speculation.

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Disclaimer: plans have changed in the past, so there's no guarantee they wouldn't change in the future as well.
  • Current fast travel gates are one way gates, ie. you can fast travel with only one gate, but you can't fast travel back without the other gate
  • It's a fast travel, ie. 20-30 km/s. The movement is in real universe, ie. you are able to seamlessly enter the fast travel gate and observe much faster travel. With this speed closest moon is approximately 8-12 minutes away.
  • Travel from one gate is a fixed line, ie. everyone ends up to the same end area
  • Fast travel gates are stations, the gate itself is at least 1 km wide. The start and end points are circular areas with a diameter of at least 1 km, so ships however won't collide at start or end positions even if there's more travellers
  • Fast travel thru asteroid field or moons for example is not possible
  • First gates are dev created (to closest moon), but all gates after that needs to be player-built
  • First fast travel gates have limited reach, so they are feasible to be used only to the first closest moons. Longer trips will require chained gates or improved technology. Also chaining gates most likely needs two way gates in the middle or else a lot of very expensive cargo ships are stuck in gate building areas or forced to slowly return, unless gate chain is built in paraller with available resources. There's certainly a lot of universal engineering and designing for players to think about. :D

Last edited:

TheMarksman

Veteran endo
Disclaimer: plans have changed in the past, so there's no guarantee they wouldn't change in the future as well.
  • Current fast travel gates are one end gates, ie. you can fast travel with only one gate, but you can't fast travel back without the other gate
I believe you wanted to say, "One Way Gates" instead.

• Current fast travel gates are one end gates, ie. you can fast travel with only one gate, but you can't fast travel back without the other gate
  • It's a fast travel, ie. 20-30 km/s. The movement is in real universe, ie. you are able to seamlessly enter the fast travel gate and observe much faster travel. With this speed closest moon is approximately 8-12 minutes away.
  • Travel from one gate is a fixed line, ie. everyone ends up to the same end area
  • Fast travel gates are stations, the gate itself is at least 1 km wide. The start and end points are circular areas with a diameter of at least 1 km, so ships however won't collide at start or end positions even if there's more travellers
  • Fast travel thru asteroid field or moons for example is not possible
  • First gates are dev created (to closest moon), but all gates after that needs to be player-built
  • First fast travel gates have limited reach, so they are feasible to be used only to the first closest moons. Longer trips will require chained gates or improved technology. Also chaining gates most likely needs two way gates in the middle or else a lot of very expensive cargo ships are stuck in gate building areas or forced to slowly return, unless gate chain is built in paraller with available resources. There's certainly a lot of universal engineering and designing for players to think about. :D
Fascinating, thank you for letting us know, i personally look forward to the end result.