About locks on the YOLOL chips

Womble

Veteran endo
How would you detect whether you are outside the safe zone or not?
There's a field on any Transponder: "isInsideSafeZone". Check that with your YOLOL. It's probably the most reliable and fastest way of checking that particular datum.

XenoCow

Master endo
There's a field on any Transponder: "isInsideSafeZone". Check that with your YOLOL. It's probably the most reliable and fastest way of checking that particular datum.
Ha ha. I don't think there were transponders back in May 2020 when I wrote that. Thanks for being helpful, though. :)

Womble

Veteran endo
Ha ha. I don't think there were transponders back in May 2020 when I wrote that. Thanks for being helpful, though. :)
LOL
I was reading "New Posts", so I didn't even think to look at the original dates for posts in the thread :) I think, being a newcomer myself, I do forget how long some lucky folks have been noodling around with this game!

My main issue with yolo is if your company ship is captured and you have a bunch of company/mining waypoints saved, the "enemy" will then have your waypoints and can really screw your company over. Adding a keypad function to lock or hide yolo scripts would be nice, and make it at least 20 ascii chars so people cant hack it easily, because a pin with 4 digits is 10K combos is pretty easy to break.

Norway174

Active endo
My main issue with yolo is if your company ship is captured and you have a bunch of company/mining waypoints saved, the "enemy" will then have your waypoints and can really screw your company over. Adding a keypad function to lock or hide yolo scripts would be nice, and make it at least 20 ascii chars so people cant hack it easily, because a pin with 4 digits is 10K combos is pretty easy to break.
Or, don't save waypoints on a ship that can potentially be captured by enemies.

Or, don't save waypoints on a ship that can potentially be captured by enemies.
1. keep the memory chip socket in the cockpit
2. insert the chip with waypoints only before calculating the trajectory to the waypoint
3. keep the memory chip in your inventory, so if you die, the chip will respawn with you. At least my pickaxe did :)

You can also hide fields on progress bars that stack. Progress bars are super small, and if you dont need to see them, can be hidden anywhere so long as connected to network "Hey, why is the blue wire going behind this panel...."

1. keep the memory chip socket in the cockpit
2. insert the chip with waypoints only before calculating the trajectory to the waypoint
3. keep the memory chip in your inventory, so if you die, the chip will respawn with you. At least my pickaxe did :)
This solution will be patched out as soon as endos drop loot boxes on death (coming soon - confirmed by devs).

Also, you all need to HUSH! I had plans to track down Archaegeo's ship and steal all of his YOLOL codes. Now look what you did...
:LOL:

It is also possible to encrypt the waypoints. but the decryption must be performed in a sepearte chip close to the generator or some other explosive stuff. You press the button -> The decryption chip decrypts and records the data to a memery chip. -> the autopilot reads the dectypted data and stores as temporary variables -> the autopilot deletes the decrypted data from the memory chip.