What do you guys think of billboard ships, should they be allowed?

What do you think of billboard ships?

• Love em'

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Hate em'

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Doesn't bother me either way.

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
Personally, I don't mind ships with signs, or a shop on a ship you park. But when you fly around billboards with just discord links, that could be malicious, should it be allowed? I just wonder, because I see them a lot. I really don't have an opinion yet, but do other endos think?

I don't care that they're there. Why is this even a question... At least they're useful and show that people are doing things.

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
I don't care that they're there. Why is this even a question... At least they're useful and show that people are doing things.
I thought I saw a rule somewhere were they weren’t allowed, so if that’s the case I was wondering community feedback

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Someone posted a suggestion I liked: Don't ban them, add features so they aren't required, like ad apace in the origin stations or equivalent things.

But such features would obviously be up for discussion in the distant future, until then, billboards are acceptable if used within a reasonable amount without blocking things. They bring some life into the game, which is what the game needs.

J.D.

Veteran endo
according to ToS, and or CoC, they just cant put explicit, political, etc stuff.

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Billboards are especially covered by point 6 of the code of conduct. This includes the blocking of spawn and despawn zones. But that applies only if the enjoyment of the game of other players is hindered. So I'd say one player being slightly annoyed by on or two of them does not yet warrant the removal, but it becomes a problem if stations or halls are covered by them. This would then also touch point 3 of the CoC.

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
Billboards are especially covered by point 6 of the code of conduct. This includes the blocking of spawn and despawn zones. But that applies only if the enjoyment of the game of other players is hindered. So I'd say one player being slightly annoyed by on or two of them does not yet warrant the removal, but it becomes a problem if stations or halls are covered by them. This would then also touch point 3 of the CoC.
Ya, i feel like it might change once advertising chips become a thing because i feel like they will wanna push advert chips. I do like the idea, but in halls, generally this is where people put community party ships and free crafting benches, it bugs me when that space is advertising. I do love the creativity of it though, and making billboards that look nice is cool.

Venombrew

Master endo
i think floating and moving billboards are cool and really gives off that futuristic feel of being in bladerunner or even cyberpunk 2077. you could probably automate one to do just circles around a station out of the way so players coming and going could see them.

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
i think floating and moving billboards are cool and really gives off that futuristic feel of being in bladerunner or even cyberpunk 2077. you could probably automate one to do just circles around a station out of the way so players coming and going could see them.
That would cost a decent amount of fuel, but it would be nicer to let the SSC just be community areas for community/public ships.

*FS*

Well-known endo
Kinda have my own moving billboard.. Speedy Repair Service! We Fix Anything!.. Including Relationships!..

Edit: Taxi built just needs finishing touches.. and FB to let anyone be able to sit in the passenger seat without being in a group.. :(...

Attachments

I don t know if they still got it on the to do list or if it is scrapped, But i am pretty sure that somewhere during CA they were discussing making holoships. PRetty much so players could mkae ships projecting holograms like the ones on the stations. In that case I guess intented for billboard ship use.

*FS*

Well-known endo
I don t know if they still got it on the to do list or if it is scrapped, But i am pretty sure that somewhere during CA they were discussing making holoships. PRetty much so players could mkae ships projecting holograms like the ones on the stations. In that case I guess intented for billboard ship use.
That would be so cool i know what they have plan can always change or stuff could be added so fingers crossed!