Starbase's Top Issues #9: The Death of a Dream - The SSC

pavvvel

Veteran endo
Sometimes it is difficult for me to understand what is written because of the need to use a translator. Therefore, do not consider my message as a foreign body :)

1) Speaking of SSC, you don't need to look back at novices or the fact that players don't play much of the main part of the game and spend a lot of time in ssc. When this game comes to life, players will have the opportunity to buy ready-made ships built by other players or buy blueprints directly through the in-game store, through terminals. This means that there will be many players who will not be sitting in the ssc at all.
Clans will also come to life, new clans will appear. In the clan, the player will be able to get a ship. It's now, while the game is in stasis, people allow themselves not to leave the ssc, but when the action starts, they will also hurry to get out of the ssc and fly. Therefore, there is no need for any "simplification" of the ssc or its removal!

2) SSC is a unique tool that other games don't have.
Ssc gives you the opportunity to use imagination, experience and knowledge. He is driving progress and is a catalyst for an arms race and rivalry. Ssc also makes ships the object of game espionage, the thirst to capture a ship for its exploration. It needs to be developed and made more complex: new parts, new mechanics, more customization options for each part. For many players, SSC is their life (in the game). Even in the clan there may be those who like to mine ore, those who fight, conduct exploration, logistics, and station construction... and those who design ships. All this is impossible without ssc.

3) there is no point in making ssc more casual. Casual players will always complain and cry when the virtual arrow does not show them where to go and which button to press.... It is impossible to preserve the beauty and variability of ssc and at the same time make it casual.... I do not believe that there are people who are unable to learn how to build ships. There are only lazy people. Of course, such lazy people will have 1000 excuses why they couldn't play ssc... They will start saying that it takes a lot of time. But you need to understand - there is no other way. Either we will fly on a square bucket, which is built in an evening, or we will rejoice in beautiful ships that take time to design. Let the casual players buy ships from other players, or fly on a square bucket

Colonkin

Well-known endo
Sometimes it is difficult for me to understand what is written because of the need to use a translator. Therefore, do not consider my message as a foreign body :)

1) Speaking of SSC, you don't need to look back at novices or the fact that players don't play much of the main part of the game and spend a lot of time in ssc. When this game comes to life, players will have the opportunity to buy ready-made ships built by other players or buy blueprints directly through the in-game store, through terminals. This means that there will be many players who will not be sitting in the ssc at all.
Clans will also come to life, new clans will appear. In the clan, the player will be able to get a ship. It's now, while the game is in stasis, people allow themselves not to leave the ssc, but when the action starts, they will also hurry to get out of the ssc and fly. Therefore, there is no need for any "simplification" of the ssc or its removal!

2) SSC is a unique tool that other games don't have.
Ssc gives you the opportunity to use imagination, experience and knowledge. He is driving progress and is a catalyst for an arms race and rivalry. Ssc also makes ships the object of game espionage, the thirst to capture a ship for its exploration. It needs to be developed and made more complex: new parts, new mechanics, more customization options for each part. For many players, SSC is their life (in the game). Even in the clan there may be those who like to mine ore, those who fight, conduct exploration, logistics, and station construction... and those who design ships. All this is impossible without ssc.

3) there is no point in making ssc more casual. Casual players will always complain and cry when the virtual arrow does not show them where to go and which button to press.... It is impossible to preserve the beauty and variability of ssc and at the same time make it casual.... I do not believe that there are people who are unable to learn how to build ships. There are only lazy people. Of course, such lazy people will have 1000 excuses why they couldn't play ssc... They will start saying that it takes a lot of time. But you need to understand - there is no other way. Either we will fly on a square bucket, which is built in an evening, or we will rejoice in beautiful ships that take time to design. Let the casual players buy ships from other players, or fly on a square bucket
AWESOME! )))