A system similar to the weapon system of From the Depths

Learned-to-sprint endo
Although I haven't participated in the CA, as far as I know, SB weapons seem to have only rated specs (excluding missiles) like Space Engineers weapons.

From the Depths Advanced Cannons, players can arbitrarily set the caliber, muzzle initial velocity, firing speed, magazine capacity, warhead weight, and bullet type.

If the SB also had a similar system, the variety of weapons would be infinite, and the variety of ship designs would be infinite, wouldn't it?

five

Master endo
Here is the point: There already are different ammo types in development, as far as I know in the mounted weaponry video it was said, that there would be different parts better at different things (tho I am not certain if it means different stats for 1 kind of mounted weaponry or the different parts consisting the different mounted weaponrys). Also that thing you are talking about from SE i believe its not implemented into the game, its a mod you can add on to a server (I have played SE for a bit)

XenoCow

Master endo
I think this is definitely in the works, but taking a backseat at this point. We'll just have to wait until more of the core features are fleshed out before they go back over and add cool stuff like this.

Zijkhal

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I love the FtD weapon system, and the other similar multiblock systems in it, and I would love to see something similar in SB.

Maybe not an "exact" copy, but perhaps support for compact auto bolt and unbolt tools, and rails which work well on ships, to make your own custom reloading mechanisms and such?

And perhaps when the time comes (hopefully) for large caliber ship weapons, make them something like even the magazine has to be player-built, and having to chamber a new round via player-built reloading mechanisms (or just have a designated loader who manually loads it every time)

Oosk

Endokid
Here is the point: There already are different ammo types in development, as far as I know in the mounted weaponry video it was said, that there would be different parts better at different things (tho I am not certain if it means different stats for 1 kind of mounted weaponry or the different parts consisting the different mounted weaponrys). Also that thing you are talking about from SE i believe its not implemented into the game, its a mod you can add on to a server (I have played SE for a bit)
I think you misunderstood some of what 0123 said. The guns in Starbase right now are already like the ones in vanilla Space Engineers. When they say the weapons only have rated specs, they mean every single gun of the same type has the same exact stats. Every small ship gatling gun in vanilla SE does the same damage and there is no way to vary this. On the other hand, in From the Depths you can add multiple barrel pieces to extend the gun and make it more accurate, or add more barrels to the same gun side-by-side to make it shoot more shots at once. They're not asking for just different ammo like I believe is planned for SB, but modular guns too. However, I've never played FtD myself so I'm not sure how they balance it outside of just higher material cost.

five

Master endo
I think you misunderstood some of what 0123 said. The guns in Starbase right now are already like the ones in vanilla Space Engineers. When they say the weapons only have rated specs, they mean every single gun of the same type has the same exact stats. Every small ship gatling gun in vanilla SE does the same damage and there is no way to vary this. On the other hand, in From the Depths you can add multiple barrel pieces to extend the gun and make it more accurate, or add more barrels to the same gun side-by-side to make it shoot more shots at once. They're not asking for just different ammo like I believe is planned for SB, but modular guns too. However, I've never played FtD myself so I'm not sure how they balance it outside of just higher material cost.
the guns are modular, its just unknown to what degree