About locks on the YOLOL chips

MAXD

Veteran endo
I noticed that in a video of combat , the YOLOL chips on a ship which is bought by the cameraman is locked .
What's the rules about the locks on the YOLOL chips ?

Last edited:

ST2005

Learned-to-sprint endo
YOLOL chips are locking when nobody is using them for long and/or if you lock them yourself. That lock protects chip for interrupting only while in safezones, while in free roam in pvp zone, anyone can interact with it.

MIND YOU!!! THAT IS WHAT I KNOW AT THE MOMENT. WHAT I'VE SAID MAY GET OUTDATED ANYTIME AND/OR BE A LITTLE WRONG!

MixCTATNCT

Active endo
Yes, everywhere you need to put blocks, wherever there are small scoundrels who do not play as much as they do harm, consoling their egos.

Here is the key,if I wrote a advance program but whitout any protection ,it will be easily stolen, we can't prosecute anyone for copyright infringement in the game , is it?

You could make a yolol deck that uses parent classes like in java(assuming that would work) Then it would require people to copy multiple chips full of code.

Norway174

Active endo
Well... 2 things to protect your YOLOL chips outside the safezone. (From what I know of.)
  1. Don't put your YOLOL chips on the outside.
  2. Don't get caught alive.
But other than that, there really isn't much to protect.

Each YOLOL chips is like what, 20 lines, and 70 characters per line. (Need citation on this?)
That's 1 400 characters total, to write your code.

I doubt you're going to make this super duper amazing YOLOL code you'll want to keep secret forever in that amount of space.
However, what it will let you do, is build complex systems, with multiple chips and devices.

And, if you don't surrender outside the safe zones. Chances of someone capturing your ship, with enough of the system intact to rebuild it is slim.
Even then, you could add a self-destruct mechanism, if you're really that paranoid, and don't want anyone copying your code. :LOL:

But other than that, I highly doubt there's going to be any way to prevent people from stealing your code, outside of the safe zones.
Only how you decide to secure it yourself.

Al though, at that point... Is it really worth it keep it that hidden?

The YOLOL will be used to do complex things, but the YOLOL itself isn't complex.

Last edited:
Hey, that self-destruct mechanism is a good idea. No paranoia if you can yolo your ship with your enemies into oblivion. :whistle:
Self destruct is a bit extreme, surely you can use a small enough explosive to just fry the yolol chips? You could even make a set of switches for input and use it as a password, they use the wrong switches and self destruct the chip

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
I would cluster my YOLO chips with a self district or booby trap mechanism, so if you get inside my ship outside of the safe zone my code is scrubbed. Hopefully this would also include radio settings

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
simple, you can not damage a ship inside the safezone, so it is also harder for them to tamper with it and lift your yolo code (and you to self distruct)

Stations have transmitters that can be detected by recievers up to 30km out, and the safe zone extends farther than 30km AFAIK, so you could set the self destruct to only be enabled when the station signal can no longer be detected. You could also arm and disarm the self destruct manually when entering and leaving the safe zone.

Mr.Silver

Well-known endo
Hey, that self-destruct mechanism is a good idea. No paranoia if you can yolo your ship with your enemies into oblivion. :whistle:
all it would take is a border to sneak on while you doing your own thing without noticing for your ship to go boom without consent ;)